To Apologize Or Not! - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-04-2001, 05:09 PM

This is a scary sitution. I Just want this whole thing to be over.

Kyle M. Wilsonville, OR

"Big Dick's HARDCORE Road Racing School, where we drag more than our knees."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-04-2001, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jk6672
If all they want is a few apologetic words I'd do it without a second thought since lives are at stake. I'd even offer money (kind of like our SGLI) to the family of the fallen pilot just to show our condolences for their loss. We haven't lost anything but a damaged plan so lets keep it that way. So what if we really don't mean Sorry, they're just words.
You can take words back Not lives.

I find it hard to believe that an apoligy is all they want.
And I really don't think that the Chinese govt gives a hoot about their own pilot. If money was given to the pilots family, the Chinese govt would have their hands all over it!
I also find it hard to believe that they would threaten American lives for just an apoligy.....who knows how them quacks think...???
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-04-2001, 06:25 PM

Apology my ass. Hell no we shouldn't apologize.

We do however need to be careful how we handle this. China is not likely to be our next big adversary. They ARE our biggest adversary. They have been every since the POS Clinton started selling them our technology.

BTW, that is not just a plane. It is one of our most important non-combat planes.

I think we will get our people back with diplomatic means but if it doesn't happen then covert operations are the next logical choice. Bombing that plane would be a political mistake. The media in China is controlled by the government and they can put what ever spin they want on a bombing. We don't need billions of pissed of Chinese people thinking we are killers of innocent people. Remember, suicide is considered an honorable and accepted way of dying over there.

Haven't heard anything about it but my guess is that the crew probably trashed as much crap as they could before landing. I assume that most military operations are similar to the submarine I served on. If there was a chance of the enemy getting to the ship, we had established procedures to destroy equipment and documents. We even practiced.

Over the next few years you will start to see the adverse effects of the last Presidential Administration.

post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-04-2001, 08:40 PM

My 2 cents..

My own personal opinion about this "international incident" is quite simple. I am tired of the U.S. taking the role of placater and kissing other country's asses. I am in favor of attempting peacable measures short of apologies and gifts of money or arms, however, if any aggressor doesn't like being told to kiss off, well, F**K THEM!

Winston Churchill said: "Walk softly and carry a big stick."

The U.S. could learn a lot from Mr. Churchill. Seems to me that lately the U.S. thinks Mr. Churchill said: "Walk softly and be ready to take a big d**k!"
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-04-2001, 08:47 PM

Thumbs down

I think we should apologise to the Chinese..........

We should say we are very sorry that their pilot was such a dumb-ass and flew his sorry butt into our plane which was in international air space.
They can also kiss any free trade agreement with us good bye too!!
After this act I hope they are NOT sucessful in their attempts to get the upcoming Olympics that they are bidding on too!!
This just proves that they are not a fit nation to mingle with the rest of the "civilized" world!
They had a chance to do the right thing and "score" some points and they blew it BIGTIME!!!

Jim
post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-04-2001, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Squidwannabe
If Canada was to go to war with China we would lose.
Who do you think Canada could beat?
Quote:
Originally posted by Squidwannabe

(Plus half our population is Chinese )
Really? Who would of thunk it?

Apology? No. Apparently the Chinese are removing the US "spy gear" from the plane. Sounds like pathetic thievery to me.
Bikenut is right on. Go closer to the concept of walk softly yadda yadda.
Effectively they are holding hostages now. IMO, the time for being nice and talking is over.

Last edited by funksouljon; 04-04-2001 at 10:57 PM.
post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 05:46 AM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by funksouljon

Who do you think Canada could beat?

Florida, Half of our country is already there..... Im pretty sure we can take Zaire too.
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 07:51 AM

Re: My 2 cents..

Quote:
Originally posted by Bikenut

Winston Churchill said: "Walk softly and carry a big stick."

I thought Buford Pusser said that.

post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by RCjohn
Apology my ass. Hell no we shouldn't apologize.

We do however need to be careful how we handle this. China is not likely to be our next big adversary. They ARE our biggest adversary. They have been every since the POS Clinton started selling them our technology.
[/QOUTE]

They are also in the middle of a massive military buildup. They are upgrading their air force and Navy quite a bit. Why? To match the strength of the US in Asia probably. Don't forget, we've been fighting them indirectly for the past half century. Korea & Vietnam.

[QOUTE]
I think we will get our people back with diplomatic means but if it doesn't happen then covert operations are the next logical choice. Bombing that plane would be a political mistake. The media in China is controlled by the government and they can put what ever spin they want on a bombing. We don't need billions of pissed of Chinese people thinking we are killers of innocent people. Remember, suicide is considered an honorable and accepted way of dying over there.
[QOUTE]

I agree. We should play nice, short of giving them an apology to get the 24 crewmembers back. But after diplomacy still doesn't work, it's time to kick ass. Who the hell are they to be holding US hostages anyway? BTW, the Chinese ARE the killers of innocent people. Remember Tienanmen Square?

[QOUTE]
Over the next few years you will start to see the adverse effects of the last Presidential Administration.
No doubt.
post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Re: My 2 cents..

Quote:
Originally posted by Bikenut
My own personal opinion about this "international incident" is quite simple. I am tired of the U.S. taking the role of placater and kissing other country's asses. [QOUTE]

Me too. I feel like we're in Star Trek land. We're always playing nice until the last minute. Look at the Isrealis. Those guys have got balls. Remember their preemptive strike on Iraq's Nuclear Facilities? It takes massive balls to make that kind of decision then pull it off. But because of that one strike, it positively saved us from facing a Nuclear capable Iraq in 1991. We could learn something from the Isrealis too. F__k this Mr Nice Guy act. Why is it that a 2nd rate military power like China can hold 24 American hostages and the Mightiest military power in the world can't do anything about it? Where's Ronal Reagan when you need him? Now there's someone who had the balls to kick ass whenever American lives are threatened. When Ron was president, everyone paid their respects. It's time to get that kick-ass attitude back.

[QOUTE]I am in favor of attempting peacable measures short of apologies and gifts of money or arms, however, if any aggressor doesn't like being told to kiss off, well, F**K THEM! [QOUTE]

YEAH! I think it's about time to open up that can of whoop-ass.

[QOUTE]Winston Churchill said: "Walk softly and carry a big stick." The U.S. could learn a lot from Mr. Churchill. Seems to me that lately the U.S. thinks Mr. Churchill said: "Walk softly and be ready to take a big d**k!"
That was Clinton's(both of them) MO for 8 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode