Plastic film protection 4 the headlights! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2001, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Cool

Do U know who sells these thin, but tough, plastic protection sheets that are cut to size. that go over the headlights?
They are suppose to protect the H. lights from been broken by rocks, and road debris. Has anyone used them, and where can I get them from.
Appreciate the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2001, 08:58 AM

Smile

I recently got some 3M plastic film from L.P. (cheapest) that I used to protect my tail light from stuff that gets tossed up from the rear tire. It works very well and you cant even tell it's on there unless you know its there. Its pretty thick clear material.... I think they have kits for headlights.

when you apply the stuff, make sure the lens is clean of course, and then once you are ready to apply the film, use a solution of (apx.) 1 cup of water and 1-2 drops of dish soap. Wet the lens and after peeling off the backing, wet the entire sticky surface of the film. This will make application very easy since you can move the film into the perfect location and you can rub the bubbles out easily. There will be cloudiness for a day or so, but that will clear up and you will have a perfectly applied film!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2001, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaNut!
I recently got some 3M plastic film from L.P. (cheapest) ....
Sorry but what's and where is L.P.?
Thanks!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2001, 09:23 AM
Pete

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2001, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Thanks guys!
U know? I am new here, and I am feeling the riding brotherhood abound. I look forward to benefit, as well as contribute to this here forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode