Legalize Marijuana? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Question

Just curious about everyone's opinions.

FWIW, I couldn't care less. I'm not into it, but if cigarettes and alcohol are legal, you might as well make pot okay, too.

How 'bout you guys?

It doesn't have to be fun to be "fun".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 07:48 PM

Angry

I hate fookin pot heads all drug users for that matter. I had a fooked up and very poor early childhood because of it. I personaly will never use any drug of any kind. Now, I'm all for personal freedom but when something can destructively take over your body, change your mental state and is addictive. It should be illegal. Don't listen to me though I'm an extreamest when it comes to this stuff

Kyle M. Wilsonville, OR

"Big Dick's HARDCORE Road Racing School, where we drag more than our knees."
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 08:04 PM
Founder

Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by The_CB_Kid
[B]Now, I'm all for personal freedom but when something can destructively take over your body, change your mental state and is addictive.
Sounds like Sportbikes if you not careful with em'

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 08:37 PM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
Legalize Marijuana,hell no. There would be a hell of a lot more bikes/riders getting smashed by cars if they did that shit.

John
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 08:42 PM

Thumbs down

No

(gee what a surprise huh)
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 08:49 PM
Founder

Garage
I guess I am the odd man out here.

I personally think it should be legal. Keep in mind I have not smoked or taken any ilegal drug since July 28th 1984. Because after all, marijuana is still against the law, I like my job, and my brain is already fried enough as it is.

I think alcohol is a much more destructive drug. But the government makes to much tax money from it to do away with it. Hell, if they could find a way to tax marijuana without pissing everyone off I bet you it would be legal also.

I personally think marijuana will be legal withing the next 10-20 years.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 09:15 PM

Thumbs up

Being a bartender, and a pot smoker *ducks*, I see both sides of this... In my opinion, driving under the influence of alcohol and driving while stoned, are two different things altogether.
I think it should be legal. How many potheads do you see getting into fights compared to drunk people.... Not many. The sale of food would go up as with drinks... and visine stock would go through the roof!!
Now of course, it IS a mind altering drug, and still should not be used while driving! It does slow your reaction times (although I got my best reaction time and ET drag racing the mustang at Moroso, and I was buzzed!!)
But that's another story!!
Unfortunately, there will always be someone that drinks or smokes way too much. They are the ones to watch for.. the addictive personality types... Just be careful out there!!!

Joe!
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 7,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium exhaust system, K&N, Jetted, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS

Co-owner/Administrator

post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 09:23 PM

Red face

I don't thing the world is ready for stoned soccer moms riding in their suv's wiping out any vehicle that gets in their way.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 11:02 PM

Well, over all alcohol and tobacco are worse for you than dope. More violent crimes involve alcohol than anything else. Tobacco is proven to kill you if you smoke your entire life. Why someone would smoke tobacco is beyond me but.... I am not one to cast stones about sh*t like that.
DUI (Driving Under the Influence) covers driving while stoned not just alcohol. Most have overlooked that fact. Why stop punishing it when caught driving just because it is legal to smoke? Just stiffen the penalties and actually enforce them (this will deter first timers and infrequent violaters). Most of the people who commit DUI are habitual so they don't care anyways. DUI violaters should have jail time. I have no tolerance for it even though several buddies have been busted for it (years ago).
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 11:17 PM

I don't know why this bothered me so, perhaps it is the self-admitted "extremist" attitude that bothers me in general, and how "extremists" effect or at least pester so many other aspects of life, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by The_CB_Kid
I hate fookin pot heads all drug users for that matter. I had a fooked up and very poor early childhood because of it. I personaly will never use any drug of any kind. Now, I'm all for personal freedom but when something can destructively take over your body, change your mental state and is addictive. It should be illegal. Don't listen to me though I'm an extreamest when it comes to this stuff
Kyle, you spoke, I listen. I am sure this is a sensitive subject for you but I will not avoid it just because of that fact. Robert said it jokingly, I will not attach a smilely face.
If you had kids would you stop riding motorcycles? There is no doubt riding is addictive and is more dangerous than smoking pot. Have you never gone into the competition mode and hauled ass on you bike? That is an altered mental state from what you normally are in.
I know you don't have kids, a month ago were covered that you were still a virgin, unless things have changed and in that event, congrats. But lets say you have kids and you got into a wreck and died, then what? You children could later grow up and say motorcycles are dangerous, killed their father and effected their childhood and then try have them outlawed. Now the rest of us would have to put up with that for what? Their bad experience? Dude, thats stupid. If I am off base someone say something, but Kyle please check the entirety of what you said.
I will remove myself from my soap box now.
Okay, I lied.

Last edited by funksouljon; 03-27-2001 at 11:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode