good news-bad news - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

the good news is that i got to ride today, froze my anus off but at least i was riding. the bad news is that i was diagnosed with carpel tunnel syndrome today as well. ive been riding in pain for quite a while and now the doc wants me to stay off bikes. if i cant ride a motorcycle ill still be on two wheels, ill find the baddest scooter i can get my hands on! peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 04:05 AM

Lightbulb

I'd say, get a new doc!

I wonder if the vibration from a V-twin would be any worse than the buzz from a in line four?

Anyways, an operation for this is pretty routine and recovery is good. As an added bonus..... it'll leave scars on you wrists that will make you look likes you slashed them.

Glad you got out for a ride, I understand you have had a nastier than normal winter out there. I'm hoping to get out this week, almost all the ice is off the roads and daytime temps are above freezing. I've already seen a few bikes out. (this is approx. 3-4 weeks earlier than normal). good luck
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 06:29 AM

Question

Well,a couple people in my office have had operations for the same thing and have come out of it okay. I wonder if that is an option in your case?
I hope you get better and can keep on ridin'!!

Jim

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 12:36 PM
Resident Smart Ass!

Send a message via AIM to Jester Send a message via Yahoo to Jester
Talking

What about dirt bike bars? I have actually heard some down sides to surgery though. It might just be one of those 50-50 things too. A few people still have trouble afterwards. then again you could always put Harley Bars on, ape hangers.

Help control the squid population, have your squid spayed or neutered

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 12:40 PM

before u get surgery look into laser surgery. its new & there are not a lot of places that do it.. the fda is still researching it & only licensed a small number of places i guess. im getting it done on my foot.. today was my 1st treatment. i guess its good for carpal, tendonitis, arthritis, bursitus, & all kinds of other soft tissue problems.. & can even help w/bone.

i have 14 more sessions so its still to early to tell (hell its only been 5hrs) but the doctor seems pretty enthused that it will cure me.

i hope so.

*edit*** grammer errors.

Last edited by SpeedPhreak; 03-07-2001 at 01:27 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

my CTS is work related, i work for Mitsubishi motors on the assembly line and use a big air tool reapetedly for 8-10 hrs a night. the problem with riding is that i can hardly pull the clutch in anymore. my duc had a nice hydo clutch and i could stand it for a little longer but it got tough eventually. all the people i know who've had the surgery never got back 100% use of their hand. ive heard of the laser job and we're researching that route.

Last edited by Raiden; 03-06-2001 at 11:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode