some people - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
Don't you just love those people that come up to you and talk to you about your bike and have to have something "better" than yours? I just walked out to have a smoke and this guy comes up to me and asked if that was my bike and I said yes, and that's about all I got in. He went on about he has this 929 drag bike with a supercharger that will kill my bike and he uses it everyday as a commuter to work and so on, blah, blah, blah... who is he trying to impress? Himself or me

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 02:25 PM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by jk6672
Don't you just love those people that come up to you and talk to you about your bike and have to have something "better" than yours? I just walked out to have a smoke and this guy comes up to me and asked if that was my bike and I said yes, and that's about all I got in. He went on about he has this 929 drag bike with a supercharger that will kill my bike and he uses it everyday as a commuter to work and so on, blah, blah, blah... who is he trying to impress? Himself or me
A supercharged 929 ? PSSHHHHH !! Thats nothing ! I got this purple ex500 that would smoke you and the 929! Its a daily driver And I can even take it off road!!

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 02:34 PM

And I can even take it off road!! ---atleast once, right Squid

So I take it the R1 is road worthy once again? Let's see some pictures.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 04:33 PM

well... impress u of course.. that guy is my god.. i bet his bike kicks ass.. i want to be like him. man that is sooo cool.. i bet his mom could beat up my dad.

wha.. oh.. sorry.. i havent had a chance to be sarcastic all day.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
Soon to come...

John
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Don't you just love those people that come up to you and talk to you about your bike and have to have something "better" than yours? I just walked out to have a smoke and this guy ..... (Interrupted)
That's nothin' dude. I had two guys interrupt ME once. And they were speaking to ME in two different languages. And this one time, at band camp....

Also looking forward to photos.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 06:17 PM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdman
And this one time, at band camp....
LOL!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 04:28 AM

Reminds me of this punk kid who walked up to me and starts talking about how his bike can smoke mine. I was about to explain to him the 90% rider 10% bike thing when he started to tell me more about his bike. He tells me it is a 2000 RC51 and it "ain't stock either" and I was thinking yea right like a piece of trash like this could own a bike like that. He then went into detail about what he has done to it "yea...its got a Muzzy, K&N, blah, blah, blah, and a JET KIT".

After I caught my breath from laughing so hard I told him next time he told someone he had a bike to make sure he got his story straight. And explained that RC51s are fuel injected and therefore do not use jet kits.

And he still went on about how "I do to own it...and blah, blah, blah, blah..."
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 05:55 PM
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by gsxr750y2k
Reminds me of this punk kid who walked up to me and starts talking about how his bike can smoke mine...
In this area there are a number of Suzuki Ninja's. They tell me they'll beat anything out there. One of them reputedly does wheelies!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Squidwannabe
Quote:
A supercharged 929 ? PSSHHHHH !! Thats nothing ! I got this purple ex500 that would smoke you and the 929! Its a daily driver And I can even take it off road!!

Hey how'd you hear about my EX?

I have had people go on about how fast there bike is. I deliberatly kept the bike stock so I could hear these people talk. All I do is wait up for them at the end of the run. I do let them know that it is 90% rider and doesn't matter what bike you have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode