i think.... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Cool

If you read the rules, there are answers to all your questions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 07:27 AM
Squidwannabe

The black duck flies north when the green moon falls.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 07:34 AM

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 08:11 AM

Talking

...that what the man says, the man MEANS!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 08:57 AM
Founder

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by spazii2001
If you read the rules, there are answers to all your questions.
I read the rules and they say nothing about the questions I have in the thread below:

https://sportbikeworld.com/vbulletin/...?threadid=7272

Just for everyone who is lost, here are my questions about the contest:

#1 The rules do not state what happens to your money that you paid for tickets if they do not sell all 1,000 of them. (And I'll bet it takes more than a year to sell them all, if that is even possible).

#2 The rules do not state what happens if an overseas winner wins any of the prizes. (Contest laws are different for different contries)

#3 Who is doing the accounting and drawing for the prizes? And how can I be sure that gixxer.com will not just draw a friend / family member as the winner(s)?

And here are the rules that do not answer any of my questions.

http://www.gixxer.com/contest/rules_and_regulations.htm

I don't have anything against gixxer.com and I have no reason to believe that they plan on cheating anyone. My concern is that this contest and it's rules were not thought out very well and needs to be planned better.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2001, 01:58 PM

Here are some of your answers, I think.

I cut and pasted some things that I felt very vaguely answered your questions. These aren't necessarily very clear cut at all. I think maybe some more detailed rules might be helpful, as I'd hate to see either a contestant OR gixxer.com get into any sort of trouble over it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sportbikeworld
#1 The rules do not state what happens to your money that you paid for tickets if they do not sell all 1,000 of them. (And I'll bet it takes more than a year to sell them all, if that is even possible).
According to the rules: In the unlikely event that all 1000 raffle tickets are not sold, the prize amounts will be adjusted to reflect ticket sales. All entries become the property of Gixxer.com.

I interpret this as they keep your money and make adjustments to the prizes, according to the amount of money generated.

Quote:
#2 The rules do not state what happens if an overseas winner wins any of the prizes. (Contest laws are different for different contries)
According to the rules: The Raffle is open to anyone worldwide who is 18 years or older, except, void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.

Taxes, import duties any registration expense, if any, related to the prizes are the responsibility of the individual winner. If the delivery of the prize to the winner's country is not possible due to force majeure, such as act of war or is illegal, then Gixxer.com may award a cash prize instead to the winner.

Quote:
#3 Who is doing the accounting and drawing for the prizes? And how can I be sure that gixxer.com will not just draw a friend / family member as the winner(s)?
According to the rules: Employees of Gixxer.com and their families are not eligible to win.

This doesn't say who is doing the accounting and/or drawing for the prizes, but it does cover the family members.

As it is so vague, I'm not sure it will really take off like they want it to, but I certainly have nothing against gixxer.com and wish them all the best with their raffle.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 11:20 AM

Who wants that slow ass piece o crap anyway?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2001, 02:55 PM

Damn....nobody bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode