Cancelling Account here - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down

I am sure not many will care since I rarely ever post here, but I have to say that I am cancelling my account here and email account. I have not been contributing here for a long time because frankly I got annoyed everytime I would browse the forums, a new Internet Explorer window would pop up causing an auto ad click somewhere. The consistent spam to rec.motorycles newsgroup was just another. Todays posting there was just the final post that prompted me. I never minded the ads listed on the site as that is just part of paying your bills I guess, but when you force me to auto click an ad that is not acceptable. Thank you. Goodbye.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 02:58 PM
Squidwannabe

Stop yer whining. Nobody is forcing you to click anything. just close the new window that opened and continue reading.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 03:04 PM

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye. Oh, and of course we care. You're many thoughtful comments and insight will be deeply missed.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 03:07 PM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Rug Burn
Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye. Oh, and of course we care. You're many thoughtful comments and insight will be deeply missed.

LMFAO!!

And stay out !! You pig f**ker!!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 06:09 PM
Old Guy

Unhappy

Ya'know...I've been a long time member even though I also rarely post replies. I must say I'm disappointed in the responses given to Gxsr. It really sets a poor tone for folks who might be thinking about joining. It's making me think twice about staying here myself.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 07:12 PM

Clark, you and Squid lighten up.

I agree that the pop-ups are quite annoying. As mentioned, I just close them and keep going. The Man running this show is working on improvements but it takes time. Try to hang in a little longer.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 07:24 PM

Thumbs down

RCJohn is right. There's no need to be foolish fellas. If the guy wants to leave because of pop-ups or whatever, so be it. They are Unavoidable on the net so I guess this guy will be 'cancelling alot of accounts'. As John mentioned, the owner of this site is sensitive to the issue and is working on that. End of topic.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 08:14 AM
Founder

Garage
Unhappy

GSXR600,

I'm sorry to see you go bro. I hate to loose any of our members no matter how many posts they make. It's not the amount of posts that's important, it's the "quality" of the posts.

Believe me, I hate the pop-ups as much as anyone else here. But currently they are put on SBW by our parent company eFront. I am working on getting them removed. But in the mean time there was another thread on here about a free program that you can run that will keep them from poping up. why not try that?

I hope to see you stick it out, but if you want to leav then so be it. I understand.

Ride safe bro.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode