Age difference - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Resident Smart Ass!

Send a message via AIM to Jester Send a message via Yahoo to Jester
Age difference

So being that I am currently single....partially by choice mind you, I have been noticing this one girl that works around the corner from my house. VERY attractive, gorgeous figure, bubbly personality etc. After chatting with her a few times I noticed she kept dropping hints about her ex not being in the picture anymore.

I asked if she had any plans for the weekend, she just said her friends were flaking on her and all were going out to a club with out her. I asked why she was not going?............ she JUST turned 19!

Ummmmm yeah, last girl I dated was 6 years younger then me and nuttier then a shithouse rat. Needless to say the younger crowd is not looking like a good choice at this point. Granted, the new one seems to have a good head on her shoulders.

So on the way home, without her number mind you, it got me thinking..... what is the age range that is appropriate when you are looking to date? If you were single, and could date that is. I don't care if you are married, this is just a hypothetical question.

Myself, I am 31, I USUALLY look for girls 3 years younger/older. So, what's YOUR dating range?

Tippman, the 4 year olds you normally date do NOT count.

Help control the squid population, have your squid spayed or neutered

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 04:00 AM
Strength and Honor

I'm not sure there is a range, but would think that after you get about 10-12 years difference the generational gap would get into the way. It would come down to relationship maturity and personal maturity, I would guess.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 05:29 AM

As long as its legal, who cares? Just know what you are getting into, and don't try to imagine its something that it is not.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 07:20 PM

At 19, she might not be Ms Right, but she sounds like Ms Right Now.

There's five years between Mrs Tree and I and she's still the more mature one in the relationship!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 04:21 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookeetree View Post
There's five years between Mrs Tree and I and she's still the more mature one in the relationship!
If she doesn't wet her pants she was a shoe-in

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 04:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
31? Dude you're old.

I guess I'm getting up there too. If you're looking to nail a 19 year old and move on, great. But I don't think I'd try and pursue a serious relationship with that one.
And post some pics of her se we can make a more informed decision.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippmann View Post
And post some pics of her se we can make a more informed decision.
The rest of us must be getting too old too, seeing as how we missed the venerable

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 10:47 AM

These days, age difference isn't really a big issue, laws permitting, of course. Keep in mind, that she may spend all her time texting friends, going out with them...well, like any chick these days I guess (get my point?).

One thing is, and I know this from experience as I was 35 at the time and dating an eighteen year old, they will have younger friends from high school that they want to hang out with at the same time as you and that is a no no. Even if you're not contributing to the delinquency of a minor directly, if they do something stupid and you're near, or even can be named, your ass is grass. Plus parents really tend to frown. Now if she's an orphan and has no friends, go for it!

(and send pics)
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 08:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Quote:
Originally Posted by akcbr View Post
Now if she's an orphan and has no friends, go for it!
Ah the friendless orphan. The holy grail of chicks.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Resident Smart Ass!

Send a message via AIM to Jester Send a message via Yahoo to Jester
After much consideration, and noticing that Tippmans mom was still hot, I decided to NOT pursue what's her face. And instead have been going out with a girl I met a few months ago. She rides a Ninja 250. 30 years old, HOT!!!!

And just to piss you guys off, I won't post pics for a while.

Help control the squid population, have your squid spayed or neutered

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode