Is this the end of the world? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Is this the end of the world?

Those whacky Europeans are preparing to fire up a particle collider that they hope will create a black hole. Of course it will be too small to actually do anything and will blink out of existence almost immediately, but they are hoping to reveal some more info on the creation of the universe, matter, etc. Pretty interesting.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 06:06 AM

Yey! so when is the world supposed to end?

Btw, this is a great example as to why the precautionary principle is a crock of shit.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post

Btw, this is a great example as to why the precautionary principle is a crock of shit.
Lol, I grabbed this from another forum where they were talking about how it might end up creating a black hole that consumes the particle collider, and then the earth. Personally, I don't understand a lot of how it works, but I find it intriguing nonetheless.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 10:18 AM

The only people who are making that claim are either quacks, or people who repeat what quacks say. This about them as the physics equivalent of truthers. What the LHC might do, is explain what dark matter is, and square relativity with quantum mechanics, and explain what the four forces are all about.
I mean, we tought we were really cool when we discovered atoms, the building blocks of nature. Except, of course, that 90% of nature, isn't actually made out of atoms. oops

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

From what I understand, they're hoping to discover new dimensions.

-Will Rogers
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 06:44 AM

or prove that they exist. little curled up dimensions

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/b...ng_theory.html

this guy does a fairly good job of explaining it

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 07:04 AM
Resident Smart Ass!

Send a message via AIM to Jester Send a message via Yahoo to Jester
Yup, end of the world....sell all your shit, send all the money to the mods. Bend over, kiss your ass goodbye.

Help control the squid population, have your squid spayed or neutered

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 06:17 PM

i saw about this hadron collider in the science channel, I am super duper interested in this kind if stuff, I have recorded an episode showing the buildling of it, and like three others... awesome stuff.....

to get intellectuall here.... if you have a single sandwich, and then cut it in half, now you have two halves of a whole sandwich.... essentially you have to new pieces, you get me...?

What I think.... is... now im prolly wrong... but just hear me out... that there are only three fundimental particles, the proton, the neutron, and the electrons... plus their anti-selves, the positron, neutrino, and anti-proton.....

Now talking about my sandwich theory... this hadron collider slams two protons at eachother 10 kilometers slower than the speed of light.... when they hit eachother, they 'break apart' into those 'fundimental particles' that they are looking for, thats the reason why they build this hadron collider, to find these fundimentals.... well If you have one proton here and another proton here, SMASH, and collapsed into smaller pieced, I hypothesize that it is still a proton, just in a smaller piece, like my half sandwich theory

I take a bow, and ate the other half
bring on the rotten produce s:
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 06:43 PM

oh yes, I forgot to say my catch line.... "its so simple, it's beautiful"

also, I dont hypothesize that gravity is not a particle, gravity is maganitism and the collection of matter.... we have been able to levatate a frog from magnitism, basically cancelling out earth magnetic field with another, levetating a frog.... when we are out of earths magnetic field, we float freely. when we are in earth field, we are stuck... not to say there are no forces acting upon us, we are not totally out of earths field but our velocity cancels out whata left....

rotten produce ???
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 09:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to sisqo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post

You have the right to remain silent and errrm open your legs furrr me. -drunk friend and oblivious female-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode