Vista - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Angry Vista

Vista keeps giving me an error message and I was hoping somebody might know how to fix it... Everytime I close Internet Explorer it opens a window telling me that 'IE has encountered a problem and needs to close' then it pops up another telling me that it's restarting IE. I'm the one who closed the program though! I normally have two tabs going at once on IE and the issue is whenever I try to just close one, it shuts the whole damn thing down and gives me those messages. Now it's started doing the exact same thing with my broadband program when I close it. Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RydeAddict View Post
Vista keeps giving me an error message and I was hoping somebody might know how to fix it... Everytime I close Internet Explorer it opens a window telling me that 'IE has encountered a problem and needs to close' then it pops up another telling me that it's restarting IE. I'm the one who closed the program though! I normally have two tabs going at once on IE and the issue is whenever I try to just close one, it shuts the whole damn thing down and gives me those messages. Now it's started doing the exact same thing with my broadband program when I close it. Help!
1) Switch to Firefox instead of IE.
2) Install XP instead of Vista.
3) Change your avatar.
#2 may not be possible for you, but the other 2 are. Have you downloaded all the service packs and updates for Vista from Microsoft?

I dunno beyond that.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Omg, you crack me up Am I the only one who loves my avatar? So that's a negative on #3 but maybe it is time to switch to XP. Hate to spend the money but it may keep me from breaking my laptop the next time Vista frustrates me. And you're the second person to tell me to get Firefox so maybe it's time to listen...

Btw- downloading any kind of update with Vista is like suicide, so that's a no.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 01:03 PM

I got 25c on the real problem being some spam-malware application that tries to keep track of your browsing but doesnt work well and crashes. It may work "better" under firefox, or it may not. XP is definetly less frustrating, but I think the real cause is spam, not IE or Vista.

Can we start and RA needs a new avatar thread? The fact that hilrack looks kind of like Schwarzenegger has political implications I'm scared to ponder.

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
I got 25c on the real problem being some spam-malware application that tries to keep track of your browsing but doesnt work well and crashes. It may work "better" under firefox, or it may not. XP is definetly less frustrating, but I think the real cause is spam, not IE or Vista.

Can we start and RA needs a new avatar thread? The fact that hilrack looks kind of like Schwarzenegger has political implications I'm scared to ponder.
Good point. I always accuse MS first because I hate them. Spybot is a good program to download to catch spyware.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 03:00 PM

The best software I found to date is spy hunter. You can scan for free but you have to register and pay to clean. But it gives you the location of files and registry entries when it scans, so you can just go in and delete manually

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Tried that once. She was not cooperative.

My vote still goes for

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 04:54 PM

Seconded.

All those in favour?

"Aye!"

Motion carried.

Admin, please change EIEIO's avatar and remove her ability to reconfigure it herself.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookeetree View Post
Motion carried.
I love it when parliamentary procedure pays off

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 09:20 PM

I third that vote. Further, I think a minimum number of informative posts should be required in order to change your avatar.

Say... 5. That should keep me under the wire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode