Those crazy hoosiers - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Those crazy hoosiers

Spicersh, what's going on in your town?
Chase turns sour for lemonade stand robber

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP) - Call it a lemonade standoff.

A young girl whose lemonade stand was robbed of $17.50 chased the suspect into a nearby home and called police, who spent nearly an hour trying to coax the man into surrendering.

"The guy came up and was, like, 'Give me your money,'" said Dominique Morefield, who was running the lemonade stand with a group of friends. "I was shocked. It was just my immediate reaction to chase after him."

Dominique dashed after the man who ran into a house, and then she called police. Officers eventually persuaded Steve Tryon, 18, to come outside after 45 minutes and arrested him on a preliminary felony charge of robbery.

Tryon was jailed and was scheduled to appear in court Tuesday. The Vigo County prosecutor's office did not immediately know if he had an attorney.

"I didn't think anyone would come up to a lemonade stand and steal, that's really low," 12-year-old Fred Erstine said.

The kids said they would continue to sell lemonade, but with an adult's supervision.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 04:50 AM
Some days are like this.

Yeah, that was last week... maybe the local politicians should get the message that we need more jobs in this town.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 05:02 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
"Steve Tryon" is just my alias. I can't believe that little bastard chased me all the way home. Who knew those 12 year olds were so dratted fast?! This was just one of my "ho's", I'm a lemonade pimp. Next time I step up to that pre-pubescent beyotch she betta have my money. Here is my pimp outfit.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode