A new form of piracy - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

A new form of piracy

I was checking out ebay for fsx expansion packs today, and I came across a guy who is selling pirated disks. The way he is doing it though... I had to laugh.

Quote:
Up for auction are backup discs of the origional game. These are stand alone discs, meaning they work just like the discs you buy in the store. You install the game from them, and play. No passwords to enter, no hacks, or cracks. These are guarenteed to work 100% or will refund full amount! These are legal copies only if you already own Flight Simulator X Acceleration, and are to keep your origional discs new and protected. As stated before....these are stand alone copies....no other discs are needed to make this game work. (please do not purchase this game copy if you do not already own Flightsimulator X Acceleration..as this would be illegal) 100% WORKING COPY..NOTHING ELSE NEEDED!! Thanks for looking!

Link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Lol, that's awesome. I wonder how long till they shut him down.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Who knows. I know one thing for damn sure, though... I wouldn't buy a copy from him.

Think about it. You'd be buying pirated software over a website where anyone can view your purchases, and ebay has ALL of your personal info. How long would it take for the FBI to get to your door once Bill Gates found out you were stealing his hard earned $29.95.

That's what kills me the most about this whole thing. Not only is what that guy doing illegal, but it is so easy to get caught on both ends of that sale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode