Your invention ideas... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Your invention ideas...

Everyone has an idea or two for something that has yet to be invented. I'm not talking about 'out of this world' inventions... but rather, inventions we currently have the technology to create, but have yet to be created.

I'll start.

How about a bluetooth interrupt to integrate your cellphone into your wired MP3 / Headphones.

The box would plug into your MP3 Player, and have a socket for your headphones to plug into. It operates normally until you receive a phone call. When you have a call, the box would switch from your MP3 player to your bluetooth enabled phone for the duration of the call.

I have a bluetooth headset that will do this, but they are not sound isolating, so I started thinking about this as a way to use any headphones you wish to accomplish the same thing. I searched around for almost two days, but it appears no such thing exists yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 11:39 PM

Could you type a little bit slower? I'm trying to write this all down.

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by phatkidwit1eye
Could you type a little bit slower? I'm trying to write this all down.
I could draw you a diagram of what I'm talking about... as long as you cut me a good deal on buying one after you make them. :-D

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 03:24 AM
Strength and Honor

Not sure if you're aware of this, but putting any idea into print prevents one from creating a patent at any time in the future for the same idea. Well, in the US at least.

The more I observe the actions of executives, the more I lean toward starting my own company.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Quote:
Originally posted by kanwisch
Not sure if you're aware of this, but putting any idea into print prevents one from creating a patent at any time in the future for the same idea. Well, in the US at least.
Time to gather my collection of cocktail napkins and call my lawyer...

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

The more I observe the actions of executives, the more I lean toward starting my own company.

Only if one wishes to reserve the rights.

I do not. I just want to buy one so I can have what I want.

I hearby waive all rights to retain patents on my formentioned idea. Now someone build the damn thing!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 04:51 PM

I brought this idea up to my boss last year. I'll have to scan in the "official" document I used to call the meeting. Met with VP of marketing, engineering and sales for a lunch meeting.

The Camera BP. Take a picture and it will tell you your BP reading. Was a great meeting. They had a great laugh and told me it wasn't feasible. I responded "what if we used x-ray or something." LOL

Love making shit up. I have tons of idea's like this. Including the ghost busters camera system, which is a real invention of mine. I think I'll created a roll cage for a motorcycle or an anti-deer suppression unit (.30 machine gun). I'll have to get FDA approved since the 2nd part of the business plan would be to sell the meat.

Last edited by JBaz; 01-16-2008 at 04:54 PM.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Well, in the US at least.

As I understand it, China is really throwing a wrench into it. While I can't say it's 100% true. I've heard of Chinese companies using tooling from patented products and remaking them as their own. Then competing internationally with the company they stole the tooling from.

As for my own inventions. Well, I haven't had much since someone already made the singing fish on a plaque.

Not too long ago, I was welding steel cages for this Vietnamese guy. It was part of some machine that took the feathers off a chicken. I don't know how well he is doing, but at the time, I made something like 20 cages and he was selling them for $800.

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 03:39 AM

could the cage be modified to de-feather a human?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 03:46 AM

Thermostat like controls for the water in the shower.

As for patents, the vast majority of the time, they are not worth getting. Its pretty easy to engineer around them, and then the original creator has to put up the capital to defend his idea, which start ups just dont have. Just enjoy the first 6 months of not having competition to achieve some market penetration, and then live off the brand name

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode