What the hell is wrong with people?!? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

What the hell is wrong with people?!?

This is an eBay ad that I stumbled across tonight.

eBay Ad

They are completely trying to play the "sympathy" angle on this one. What makes it worse is that the whole story is made up anyway. If you surf through their items that they have sold recently, most of them are iPods.

wtf is wrong with people like this??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 06:18 AM

Personally I have no darn idea. Basically this is one of a number of motorcycle boards with some variation in subjects & the same is done on other decent boards.

Mind you the winter season has moved in on many of us, & especially us in the more northern parts of the States to some of us Cdns that know more about winterizing bikes around latter part of October & not come out again till sometime in latter March or April. So the interest in m/cing has been totalled by 95% on this board.

As for IPods or such I have never taken an interest in them for they keep on changing as quickly as most people go to bed & wake up to find another form.

While some find EBay to be a good way to m/c parts or you name it while some of us have never touched Ebay.

So it is up to you & what you might sum it up to. Just that this is a dead time of m/cing in North Amercia bar some of those in Flordia, Texas, or California.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Re: What the hell is wrong with people?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by ZX6R1033
If you surf through their items that they have sold recently, most of them are iPods.
And malfunctioning ones, at that. Damn nutcases.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Re: Re: What the hell is wrong with people?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by snakesht
And malfunctioning ones, at that. Damn nutcases.

lol I read through every one of them, too. I thought for a minute that we had a genuinely heroic person who sacrificed many iPods for the greater good of saving people. As it turns out, that was the only one. The rest are just simply broken for no reason. This seller seems to be quite set on selling all of them "To maybe buy a new iPod" though.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 02:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
It's a true story. I saw the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Tippmann

Does this post constitute trolling or post whoring?

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 08:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Quote:
Originally posted by ZX6R1033
Does this post constitute trolling or post whoring?

are you trying to imply that i wasn't there, and didn't witness that brave shirtless man save that drowning child with no regard for his expensive Ipod

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
are you trying to imply that i wasn't there, and didn't witness that brave shirtless man save that drowning child with no regard for his expensive Ipod

No no... I have no doubt you were checking out the shirtless men at the pool.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I was there too. Me, Tippy, the Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 07:34 AM

If it's on the Internet, it must be true.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." - Vernon Wormer.- Dean, Faber College.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode