Let the cop bashing begin - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Let the cop bashing begin

How dare those bastards do their job?!?!?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 12:44 PM

Yeah, I know. It shouldn't make a difference whether you're a cop or not as to getting a ticket. My father was a career cop, as is my sister and brother-in-law. But the fact is, cops ticketing other cops is considered REALLY bad form.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." - Vernon Wormer.- Dean, Faber College.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 06:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Ha, yeah...

Too bad I didn't benefit from this... I was too lazy one night when I wanted to go Christmas shopping to drive my car so I borrowed my then-boyfriend's cop car. I get in the Crown Vic (complete with police-oriented badges) and while sitting in a parking lot, I get FREAKING "PULLED OVER". I didn't get cited, but I did have to explain why a civilian was driving a cop car.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 07:15 PM

For a lack of bigger vocab F-that. It doesn't matter if u are any kind of peace officer or not if u get caught then u should get a ticket. That's why I don't like cops and I hate MP's(military police). The ones that are supposed to enforce the law are the biggest violaters of the law they are supposed to enforce. A cop is supposed to set the right example, who cares about it being bad form to ticket other cops, but they will ticket civilians for that same violation, that's being a damn hypocrite, it's being fake. And that one cop had the balls to say something about risking his life everyday, well then every Marine, Soldier, Seaman and airman shouldn't get a ticket either cuz if it wasn't for them then those peace officers wouldn't have a damn job!!!!!!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 03:31 AM
Strength and Honor

I see you haven't commented, Vash

Once upon a time I was a programmer on many systems containing extensive identity information for over a million individuals. If I were to equate this in my terms, what if I put in a backdoor that I told all IT folks in the industry about. We're all ethical, aren't we? Surely not one of them would mis-use some of that information, would they? Yeah, right.

A friend in our town knew most of the local LEOs and told me that over half were frequent law-breakers when they were in high school. Shortly after graduation they joined the force so I doubt they had a change of heart. Rather, they found a nice loophole.

All that said, I casually know a few and like them all and entrust the safety of my family to them. I suppose if I didn't I'd own some serious weaponry.

The only things I really worry about are DUIs and drug involvement in the force. I have little doubt cops get off of DUIs but I'm not sure about infiltration of drug syndicates.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

Does it really need a comment?

This is not a fuck the poo-lease post. There are good and bad apples out there, but it seems we've found the bad apples hang out. If you read their little intro text, its supposed to be about violations that a regular civilian would get away with, but if you read the stories, most arent what I would expect to get away with. 20 miles over the limit? Wrecking a bike while doing a wheelie on a highway? Cmon now. I mean, at least its reassuring to hear cops whine and bitch about tickets like the rest of us.

The so called professional curtecy they keep mentioning has a few other names. Old boy network. Favoritism. Chronyism. Corruption. Mind you, its some pretty low level corruption, after all we are talking about tickets here, not falsyfying murder evidence or anything like that. But it should be nipped in the bud from the start instead of being allowed to go on.

As for infiltration of drug networks, I think you already know my answer to that one. Legalize, remove the criminal element, control quality, stop wasting billions on enforcement that doesnt work, and generate billions in tax revenue that will go along way to offset the social costs (the social costs that are unlikely to increase by much with legalization). While they are at it, provide some real drug education, so people know what they are getting into.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 06:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
I work with guys that get tickets when driving thier work trucks with "United States Government" plates. I was in the passenger seat when a cop pulled my friend over. He had to get on his radio to find out how to write the ticket because the plate didn't have a state on it.

He almost looked at it like a prize. F the traffic cops. I'm glad they get tickets sometimes.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 04:22 AM
Strength and Honor

Wouldn't it be an interesting little "checkup" to plant a remote camera in a bunch of police cars to see how many other cops they let off and for what. I wonder why the cameras in police cars can be shut off. I mean, what reason could they have other than to cover up things they shouldn't be doing?

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

As far as I know, the cameras are on anytime their lights are on, and cannot be shut off. I suppose one can always kill their lights...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode