post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

The next five states

click

discuss

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 04:32 AM
Strength and Honor

Why grow when we're looking, ultimately, at a world gov't? The EU and eventually a NorAmer gov't are just stepping stones, IMO. And resource scarcity will increase the likelihood/progress of this, I believe Besides, as with corporate acquisitions, a real merger is almost always more trouble than its worth.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

lol, because I'd rather this world gov't resemble ours than that of europe. Or god forbid the UN.
An unwieldy gov't is prone to a collapse, and collapsing gov'ts ussually result in some shooting.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 05:47 AM
Strength and Honor

Interestingly, I'd rather see some states given the freedom they so desperately wanted years ago.

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

Roflmao. That shit is rich. Abit short on information, but makes up for it in enthusiasm

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 09:29 AM

For ages & ages we have had the Province of Quebec wanting to seperate from the rest of Canada. Most do not realize that if it was not for the rest of Canada the Province of Quebec would be in great debt. IT counts on tax money from the richer provinces to support them plus so many count on the maze of Fed Govt jobs they end up in.

A few elections ago one frog political party voter with voice was claiming they wanted their own aircraft carrier & subs. Well we have four mothballed small diesel subs we bought from the UK9 (the UK ordered 20 of them to find the first four were lemons so cancelled, bothballed & sold them to Cdn some yrs later) some years ago. Some say they are in opperation though I sometimes wonder as one cought on fire while underwater from the UK to Cdn. Still the largest ship we have in Canada is a supply ship for a friggin' aircraft carrier with aircraft. Crumbs our troops over in Afghanistan count solely on choppers from other countries to move them or supplies AND in fact the troops transport themselves, on road to often so one reason they are suckers to land mines.

Last edited by Smitty; 09-21-2007 at 05:14 PM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 10:06 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
Roflmao. That shit is rich. Abit short on information, but makes up for it in enthusiasm
Thought you might find it funny and it was sorta on topic.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
For ages & ages we have had the Province of Quebec wanting to seperate from the rest of Canada. Most do not realize that if it was not for the rest of Canada the Province of Quebec would be in great debt. IT counts on tax money from the richer provinces to support them plus so many count of Govt jobs.
I got the "honor" of flying through Montreal the day after the first vote and got dragged into a Quebec customs office and yelled at for an hour or more 'cause I was an American. Oh wait, no, she screamed at me when I said that, saying she was an American too by her presence on the N American continent. If I didn't think it would've cost me an expulsion, I'd have laughed in her face regarding the failure to secede vote

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by kanwisch
I got the "honor" of flying through Montreal the day after the first vote and got dragged into a Quebec customs office and yelled at for an hour or more 'cause I was an American. Oh wait, no, she screamed at me when I said that, saying she was an American too by her presence on the N American continent. If I didn't think it would've cost me an expulsion, I'd have laughed in her face regarding the failure to secede vote
"my, my someone is mighty defensive"
Would've been my answer...

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 05:21 PM

So you ended up with a sample of a North American that lives & works in Canada. Yes being called an "American" would have been such an insult though she does live in North America. I would have loved to have been a mouse in the corner on that one.

Wonder what it would have been like if you had called her a Canadain since so many look upon being classed as a Quebecer for so many address themselves as that rather then a Canadian. Yes they will give you Quebec as their birth of home or resident of Quebec & Canada if asked if that is Province of Canada or what part part of Canada-----that would have caused stink.

You do not see me typing out that I am a British Columbia resident, but that I am a Canadain. They want to be knowen as Quebec residents & nothing to do with Canada.

Last edited by Smitty; 09-21-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode