56k die..toy hauler-- using harbor freight 4x8 trailer - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
56k die..toy hauler-- using harbor freight 4x8 trailer

ok, bought a harbor freight 4x8 foldable trailer to haul my bike(s) to trackdays, ect. i wanted to make damn sure everything was gonna be secure and my bike wasnt going to flying off while on the freeway.

4x8 harbor freight foldable trailer
50 1/4" x 3" carriage bolts--you really only need 2" carriage bolts
50 nylon lock nuts
50 fender washers
15' of E tracks
6 E track D-rings
17' of 1x10 wood
8' of 2x10 wood
7' of 2x4
1 ramp docking platform.
4 pieces of roofing shingles
1 ray van custom made wheel chock (locally made) thanks clay and jen
3 hrs of fabricating

200.00 for the trailer (thanks webbs friend)
100.00 for materials and hardware
120.00 for the wheel chock
total 420.00 and piece of mind.

and the result.

i made this for 1 bike or 2 bikes.

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 03:40 PM

Nice tires.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by JesterRR
Nice tires.
What do you mean by that?

Nice DIY

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by kanwisch
What do you mean by that?

Nice DIY
i borrowed a trailer from him and it had severly dry-rotted tires (both). made it 2hrs from home and BOOM. fucking tire blew on the side of 75. pouring rain, semis blowing by fast, bike still set up for the track. was not a fun night at all. no spare and not sure where to get one. big fucking hassle, but he did lend me a trailer. good tires or not.....

and thanks on the DIY.

Redline Superbike Member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 04:10 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by DemonRR
i borrowed a trailer from him and it had severly dry-rotted tires (both). made it 2hrs from home and BOOM. fucking tire blew on the side of 75. pouring rain, semis blowing by fast, bike still set up for the track. was not a fun night at all. no spare and not sure where to get one. big fucking hassle, but he did lend me a trailer. good tires or not.....
Well, be sure not to borrow any of his (unused) condoms

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DemonRR

and thanks on the DIY.
LOL That's classic.... You saw the tires before you borrowed the trailer. You made it 2 hours from home <--- on the way back from your original destination. You were going to rent a trailer and I tried to be a stand up guy and save you from that. Don't forget, I never even met you before bro, you posted up that you wanted to rent a trailer from someone, and I told you don't worry about the cash, I don't want your money, just take my trailer and have a good time. Don't worry about the tires man, I'll take care of it. Just remember, karma is a bitch. When someone else needs a trailer, they're not going to be using mine. Talk about a big hassle.... I was just trying to be a good guy. I gotta say, I borrow someones shit and it gets broke, then it gets fixed before I even bring it back. lol
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

dude, im not bitching about it. i explained his question to your post.

Redline Superbike Member

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 04:04 AM
Strength and Honor

You guys kill me. If it makes you feel better, the guy I went to Mid-Ohio with this year didn't have a trailer his own so I suggested using my 4x8 utility. The wheels are small so it bounces pretty good. He arrives day of departure and I mention, "Yeah, I lubed the bearings but the caps that hold in the grease popped off and I can get them to seal. I'll keep an eye out for smoking though."

As we went to put the bikes onto the trailer, the dew from the morning combined with the fungus on the trailer bed so when a bike got up onto the platform, it slid like crazy in every direction. And having a foothold was near impossible without spikes on. I agreed to secure some 2x4s to stabilize the bikes, but it was "exciting" to get the bikes up there in the first place. We had to ride them up the tiled, slimy platform

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

i F'n duct taped the bearing caps on. ive been told they will zing off while on the freeway. lol

Redline Superbike Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode