War on Drugs?

click

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
See? I told you I was innocent.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 02:47 AM

In a similar vein....

About a month ago, I had three Sheriffs officers come into my home. I was in my upstairs working on my computer. It was about 5 o'clock and I wasn't expecting anyone to come over. All of a sudden I heard a large "bang bang BOOM", the last shook my house enough that I felt it up stairs. I jumped up out of my chair and made my way to the stairs when I heard someone yell "HEY!". This of course set my heart racing as the man's voice was one that I've never heard before. I made my way down the steps and turned the corner to find three Sheriffs inside my home.

I think the one that was the closest to me was a bit surprised to see me, as he stuttered a bit in what he was asking me. He said " We're looking for Tommy something-or-another. We were given information that he hangs out here". I told them I've never heard of the guy and the sheriff said "Yeah, it looks like this isn't the right house. We were given information that he comes over here". With that they turned around and left, body armor and all.

The bangs and boom was my front door slamming against the wall, as it wasn't locked, just sort of shut. The first two loosened it and the last sent the door slamming into the wall.

The thing that really had me shaking, was that had I been armed, I would have came down stairs with a shotty and faced off against three Sheriffs. Not only did they not announce themselves, you know like "SHERIFFS DEAPARTMENT SEARCH WARRENT", they just came right in. The thing that gets me is that it doesn't take much to drive past a house in an unmarked vehicle and check it out. They would have noticed that the only person coming and going is me. They took some person's "tip" and went door busting.

I've called everyone and wrote letters to everyone under the moon, but no one has responded yet. Something needs to be done, if the story about that old lady is entirely true, well I feel she was in the right to open fire. Hell, had I had a gun and it was dark out, that same story might have been me. Maybe it's just due to being on the internet and having access to a lot of news that I wouldn't normally get. But it just seems like law enforcement is getting out of control.

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 03:59 AM
Strength and Honor

phatkidwit1eye, I assume by "everyone" you're including the media (local and state level). If you were a Minnesotan I have a friend who writes some really interesting investigative columns. I'd write a letter to the elected official responsible for them letting that person know I'd be working hard against them in the next election year for their utter disregard for privacy. Did they have a search warrant? If so, a note to the judge in the matter would also be warranted (no pun intended). At least he could consider that next time he grants another.

Another friend had an interesting article about the fallacy of drug addiction but I can't find the link! If I run across it, I'll add it here.

My jury's still out on the whole drug war thing. The biggest problem is when you legalize it, which is effectively what you're doing when ending the war on drugs, you've got all these new addicts that public money (aka my tax money) has to be used to deal with them. Until personal responsibility or charities are the only funders of recovery, I'm not sure simple legalization is the right answer. Not that you were actually suggesting that, but its a direct consequence to the article's aim.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 05:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
that's a crazy story phatty. I can't believe they would just storm in, look around, tell you "oops" and leave.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Had a simular story, about 6 years ago. I was living in my first apt, and it was a rather shady place. One night the cops were out chasing someone that ran away from them, somewhere around there, so I guess they were going door to door. I woke up to a cop standing in my bedroom, pointing a gun and a flashlight at me. He asked if there was anyone else in here, when I told him there wasnt, he explained that they were looking for so and so, and that my door was open (it wasnt) then he left. End of story.

Kanwisch: a few questions. Based on your personal expirience, do you know anyone obstaining from drugs purely on the grounds if legality? Most the obstainers I've raised the conversation with did so on the grounds of health, or productivity.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 06:21 AM

I'd make sure they pay for any damages they have done to your wall or door as well. They have to pay those things since there was no warrant or they had false information.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 07:02 AM

I agree that the legal department does need to be controled better especialy when you hear stories like these, they need procedures to keep things like this from happening. there are some realy good cops out there but there are some realy bad ones to, some of the drugs on the street come from the cops.
I have never had a cop barge into my house but back in 99 when i still lived in baltamore the person that lived in the house across the srteet was a cop and someone tried to break into his house and was shot he died in our back yard. that was one of the reasons i decided to move back to maine where iam from and most of my family lives. Phat make sure everyonecan contact is contacted the public need to know about that.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Strength and Honor

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
Kanwisch: a few questions. Based on your personal expirience, do you know anyone obstaining from drugs purely on the grounds if legality? Most the obstainers I've raised the conversation with did so on the grounds of health, or productivity.
I'm not sure since its not a point of discussion usually. In fact, I'm not sure what my reasons for never having bothered with them are; it wasn't availability, for certain. I know I've used personal health reasons specific to me as reasons historically but my perspective is more complicated than that. The friends I suppose I see frequently simply aren't the types to have any significant interest in that kind of thing. Didn't really realize that until just now.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by phatkidwit1eye
In a similar vein....

About a month ago, I had three Sheriffs officers come into my home. I was in my upstairs working on my computer. It was about 5 o'clock and I wasn't expecting anyone to come over. All of a sudden I heard a large "bang bang BOOM", the last shook my house enough that I felt it up stairs. I jumped up out of my chair and made my way to the stairs when I heard someone yell "HEY!". This of course set my heart racing as the man's voice was one that I've never heard before. I made my way down the steps and turned the corner to find three Sheriffs inside my home.

I think the one that was the closest to me was a bit surprised to see me, as he stuttered a bit in what he was asking me. He said " We're looking for Tommy something-or-another. We were given information that he hangs out here". I told them I've never heard of the guy and the sheriff said "Yeah, it looks like this isn't the right house. We were given information that he comes over here". With that they turned around and left, body armor and all.

The bangs and boom was my front door slamming against the wall, as it wasn't locked, just sort of shut. The first two loosened it and the last sent the door slamming into the wall.

The thing that really had me shaking, was that had I been armed, I would have came down stairs with a shotty and faced off against three Sheriffs. Not only did they not announce themselves, you know like "SHERIFFS DEAPARTMENT SEARCH WARRENT", they just came right in. The thing that gets me is that it doesn't take much to drive past a house in an unmarked vehicle and check it out. They would have noticed that the only person coming and going is me. They took some person's "tip" and went door busting.

I've called everyone and wrote letters to everyone under the moon, but no one has responded yet. Something needs to be done, if the story about that old lady is entirely true, well I feel she was in the right to open fire. Hell, had I had a gun and it was dark out, that same story might have been me. Maybe it's just due to being on the internet and having access to a lot of news that I wouldn't normally get. But it just seems like law enforcement is getting out of control.
Wow, had that been me, I would almost surely have died in a hail of bullets. Our office is upstairs and my weapons are close-by. If I heard my door being beaten down and strange voices in my house, my first reaction would surely have been to grab a gun.

With all the news recently about these kind of screwed up law enforcement forced entries, what would be the correct course of action? On the one hand, I wouldn't want to open fire or be fired upon by the police. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to be apprehensive or hesitate in a real home invasion situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode