How about home growen terrorists? Here in Canada & not to from from the USA. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

How about "home growen Terrorists? Here in Canada & not to far from from the USA.

Bomb plot suspects appear in court
Last Updated Sat, 03 Jun 2006 21:58:03 EDT
CBC News
Security was tight in Brampton, Ont., on Saturday as court appearances began for 15 of the 17 people arrested and accused of planning a series of attacks against targets in southern Ontario.

An officer is seen near a police station in Pickering, Ont., where the suspects were taken late Friday and early Saturday. (CBC)
In all, 12 men and five youths were arrested on Friday. Officials have alleged they were supporters of al-Qaeda.

Shackled in leg and handcuffs during their court appearances, the 15 were remanded into police custody and will appear again in court on Tuesday along with the other two accused for a bail hearing.

While the Canadian Press said only two of the accused had their charges read out to them, Justice of the Peace John Farnum told the court that "the charges as read are virtually the same, so they will apply to all parties."

The charges allege that the men knowingly participated in a terrorist group and either received or provided terrorist training in Toronto, nearby Mississauga, Fort Erie and Ramara Township, located on the shores of Lake Simcoe in central Ontario's cottage county.

Some family members of the accused were seen in court crying and consoling each other.

The RCMP, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), and Toronto-area law enforcement agency officials were among those providing details of the arrests earlier in the day.

"This group holds a real and serious intent," RCMP Assistant Commissioner Mike McDonell told reporters.

"Our investigation prevented the assembly of any bombs and attacks from being carried out," he said.

McDonell said Canada "is not immune to the threat of terrorism," but declined to answer questions about the intended targets. However, he said Toronto's public transit system was not one of them.

Bill Blair, Toronto's police chief, told CBC News that officials had gathered information about dates chosen for the attacks, but he, too, refused to provide details.

Ammonium nitrate seized

Police also said they seized about three tonnes of the commonly used fertilizer ammonium nitrate. Just one-third of that amount of ammonium nitrate was used in the bombing of a U.S. federal building in Oklahoma City that killed 168 people in 1995.

Officers fanned out across the Toronto area to make the arrests. They later delivered the suspects to the Durham Regional Police Station in Pickering, east of Toronto. Police officers stood guard on the street and around the building, many holding their weapons in plain sight.

All of the suspects are residents of Canada and most are Canadian citizens of various backgrounds, officials said.

"Our information is that they participated in training all together," McDonell said.

"For various reasons, they appear to have become adherents of a violent ideology inspired by al-Qaeda," said Luc Portelance, assistant director of operations for the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS).

Record number of arrests

This was the largest counter-terrorism operation and the greatest number of arrests made in Canada since the Anti-terrorism Act came into effect in December 2001.

"We are a target because of who we are and how we live, our society, our diversity and our values," Prime Minister Stephen Harper said in Ottawa.

"Their alleged target was Canada: Canadian institutions, the Canadian economy, the Canadian people."

Harper also praised the agencies involved in identifying and arresting the suspects.

"Today, Canada's security and intelligence measures worked," Harper.

"The good news is that the RCMP and CSIS and the Toronto police were aware of it, were monitoring it, and were able to apprehend the people involved before they acted," Toronto Mayor David Miller told CBC News.

Miller said he had been briefed "for a number of months" about the investigation.

"I was extremely concerned about the potential existence of this organization," he said.
--------------------------------------------
You mean you have never heard of the Canadian CSIS well it is sort of like the CIA & FBI combined made up of RCMP, Military & you name it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Smitty; 06-04-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 09:09 AM

Quote:
All of the suspects are residents of Canada and most are Canadian citizens of various backgrounds, officials said.
the non-islamic extremists al quada inspired people... yey..

When are people going to realize that practically no one is going to be able to sit this one out. Its time to think about where exactly one is going to end up when this conflict is over with.

post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 09:54 AM

Hi All-

The so-called Religion of Peace strikes again. Here are the Muslims (shocker!) whom authorities have detained and named so far in relation to these planned attacks:

1. Fahim Ahmad, 22, Robinstone Drive, Toronto, Ontario
2. Zakaria Amara, 20, Periwinkle Crescent, Mississauga, Ontario
3. Ahmad Mustafa Ghany, 21, Robin Drive, Mississauga, Ontario
4. Shareef Abdelhaleen, 30, Lowville Heights, Mississauga, Ontario
5. Qayyum Abdul Jamal, 43, Montevideo Road, Mississauga, Ontario
6. Mohammed Dirie, 22, Kingston, Ontario
7. Yasim Abdi Mohamed, 24, Kingston, Ontario
8. Jahmaal James, 23, Trudelle Street, Toronto, Ontario
9. Amin Mohamed Durrani, 19, Stonehill Court, Toronto, Ontario
10. Steven Vikash Chand alias Abdul Shakur, 25, Treverton Drive, Toronto, Ontario
11. Asad Ansari, 21, Rosehurst Drive, Mississauga, Ontario
12. Saad Khalid, 19, of Eclipse Avenue, Mississauga, Ontario

The dirtbags listed in spot# 2 and spot# 3 are related to each other. The Canadian Air Force should transport them back to their sandy homeland in a cargo plane and deliver them via the cargo door at 50,000 feet without parachutes...with notes attached telling others to stay away from Canada.

Vash is absolutely correct in that no decent people on this big blue planet will be able to sit to the side waiting for the dust to settle. These maniacs only wish for global domination and the only thing they understand is when stronger opponents crush them. As my dear father and favorite uncles say, we must have "Peace through superior firepower."

~ Blue Jays ~

Last edited by Blue Jays; 06-04-2006 at 09:56 AM.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

As usual Blue Jays you are spot on with a post. Sorry I was at the h/gun range from 10:00am till around 15 minutes ago.

So as most of you can see all of these are with Muslim names & probably Muslim religion with many under the impression of Bin Ladin & his warped belief of the Islamic religion is correct in the others are INFIDELS that have to be killed with most of them living in the western worlds. Nothing like haveing Cdn "islamofacists".

Like from '60 till 68 I used the same fertilizer & it came in pallets of said bags. Even used it with diesel fuel & some bits of old dynamite (like just a 1/4 of a strick to even less) to blast 35 - 40 year old stumps out of the ground on my orchards. I shifted to a different fertilizer plus using less of it because I had the soil tested AND I had changed in the amount of fertilizer I gave my fruit trees PLUS most were younger trees where I used a "mold & hold" system for the remaining 10 to 15 yr old trees that require very, very little fertilizer yet yeady pruning.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 08:58 PM

Hi Smitty-

You're absolutely correct that there used to be a legitimate need for fertilizer and fuel to be combined in the farming industry. I've got relatives on my father's side of the family who used the same method decades ago to clear stubborn rocks and stumps from fields that were to be planted.

The crazy thing is that some of the Muslims plotting this violence in Canada were actually born there! My theory is they think many fellow Canadians will give them a "free pass" when it comes time for sentencing in a courtroom. For the sake of all decent Canadians up there, I hope they throw the book at them and they never see the light of day again. Terrorism against innocents cannot be tolerated.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 09:59 PM

It really bugs me when people say that we should leave the middle east alone and let them solve their own problems... this is a perfect example of why it wouldn't work... their problem is us and to solve it their way, we would have to die! I vote we strap some tactical nukes to their chests and give them back to their country.

On the note of fertilizer... I see no problem with the use of amonium nitrate... I have 3 1/2 pound of it next to my pc. I love to go "fishing" with it, as well as blowing the hell outta the stubborn shrubs that grown at the waterline of my pond

Sepias
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Unfortunately no matter what country one lives in, now with the quick means of transportion by aircraft instead of slow moving sail boats, thet might not even make a 1 or 2 month voyage---so said people now even over in Iraq, Afthanistan, or you name it are, in reality, now our closest neighbor let alone those that have moved to North America or other countries.

Their culture & their religion along with their personal war with others in their prior homeland is still brought over to the new countries & carried out plus if they are not making well, like they feel they should, then they can blame the country & Govt to even take it out on people of said land what with home made bombs by homegrowen terrorists. Sort of makes one think!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Smitty; 06-08-2006 at 01:04 PM.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 07:18 PM

I like to terrorize gummy bears. Does that make me a mad man? lol
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 06:19 AM

Hi All-

I'll bet with their scumbag hero Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi getting killed it will take a bit of wind out of their jihadi sails.

~ Blue Jays ~

Last edited by Blue Jays; 06-08-2006 at 06:24 AM.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 06:26 AM

While I am not one to celebrate another persons death, this is an important accomplishment in our effort to reverse the tide of the dark ages. My thanks and congratulations go to all those who serve.

What pisses me off to no end is that the media is already spinning this like its a failure.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode