I hate Squids - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Angry I hate Squids

Coming home from work today I got stuck behind a gang of 10 or so . Two of them had their girls on the back, of course none had gear. The one that was barely doing wheelies had his helmet half on. At the light they all line up side by side and rev their engines. Part of me was hoping to see one of them crash or something but I didn't want to see anything bad happen to their bikes. So they take off and I don't see them for the length of the island. I make it to the draw bridge off the Island ,the only way off the Island. Traffic has slowed to halt, the light is green so I know its not a boat coming through. Traffic finallys starts moving and I see what caused the slow down. The squids have stopped all stopped in lane. Squid one is off his bike and talking to his squid pack. I think he may have layed his bike down trying to do a wheelie on the bridge deck. They take off again probably figuring the 5.0 was gonna come through. They start off yet again and I am still stuck behind them. They ride on some more, half the squid pack veer onto my on ramp the other half still ride on. Thats when the whole pack stops in the middle of the damn road. I just pass them and I drive on home. I could have followed them maybe catch one of them bite it big but I figure I am safer at home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 09:41 PM

Ya, the faster they bite it, the sooner they'll be off the road for good. It's one of my pet peeves, to see idiots pull a wheelie right around cagers.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 10:18 PM

I learned my lesson about gear after my first day of not wearing it and went stunting. Opps. I just drink lots of water and I'll take frequent stops if necessary for a pee break now. Then again, I don't ride for more than 20 mins now.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 08:10 AM

I tend to separate myself from any squids I see on the road. I'll either take a different route to my destination, or just get into the slow lane and let them get well ahead of me. I don't want to end up getting pinned as part of the problem when one of the d!cks up.

Sepias
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

What pisses me off is that they are acting like dumbasses around the other cages. Surrounding them while doing wheelies and reving up. They scared this one lady half to death and she is creeping along at 12 mph. The lady thinks they are harresing her while I bet half of them can't handle their machines. I guess I am just jealous guys. Why is that the stupid get the best toys?
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Karmastuntra
...Why is that the stupid get the best toys?
I'd rather be known for my brains than a flash bike.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 12:13 PM

Quote:
she is creeping along at 12 mph
umm... old woman driving 12mph... she needs to haul ass. Unless they were in a parking lot, slowest speed is 25mph marked residential areas. 35-45 in cities, 55 in country, 65-80 on highways.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 12:47 PM

Don't come to FL then Jbaz. 12mph down a street is common here. It either an unliscensed immigrant driving or an old person.

I agree with cookee, I'd rather be known for my brains that a nice looking bike. But the reason idiots get the best toys though is simple... they don't know what debt is until its too late.

Sepias
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 01:46 PM

*sniff sniff*

I can't afford pretty bikes. Atleast when I get the RR built, I can say I actually built my bike from the ground up.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SepiasSoul
Don't come to FL then Jbaz. 12mph down a street is common here. It either an unliscensed immigrant driving or an old person.

or anyone below 60 on cellphone. wait, that's almost everyone. I've learned to let go of my stereotypical bias vision, since almost all cagers here are dickwads since the advent of cell phone, tv and dvd players, and my favorite drunkards.

not to mention I got egged by a 20 year old guy talking on his cell in his '2000+ mustang (possibly sleeper GT). as I shift to 1st and rev my engine as it's a habit, this guy tries to show of his mega-powerful V8 and does a burn out before turning left. and then he slows down to egg me on so he can drag and beat me at 35 mph limit zone. the traffic is way too close, and other cars could exit anytime from nearby parking lots. so I don't feed his ego, so the moron decides to drive right between two lanes to block my path or incite me. until we come into an interesection, we get into 45 zone, he switches lane, I pass a few cars letting my exhaust howl for a bit, and then he gets behind me. I turn right and hit 70 and speed past few cars, sayonara. he was probably looking for a redlight where we're both at front.

I will ride slow and then rightfully speed to get away pending on situations, it's my way of maintaing most personal safety.

Last edited by Z_Fanatic; 05-28-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode