Colored Powerbands? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

Colored Powerbands?

Linky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 06:15 AM

That was hilarious. I'm still a bit skeptical about whether the guy was real or just putting everyone on, but it seemed real.

One Saturday our maintenance manager sent a new engineer to the hardware store for a board stretcher. The guy actually went and asked for it. They of course didn't have one, so they referred him to another store, who did the same thing. He ends up going to 3 stores asking for a board stretcher, then comes back and reports that nobody in town had one. He didn't last long.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

I got a few of those.
A few years ago, at work a guy stops by trying to sell everyone some useless crap (I believe steak knives and childrens books, which is a bit of an odd combination) this was during break, an no one seemed the least bit interested, which I informed this gentelman of. He wanted to try a new strategy, trying to "get to know his clients". So he started by asking if we were a telemarketing place
"No, we build radiation detectors"
*alarm* "Radiation?"
"Yes, its pretty safe as long as you take the proper precations. Are you wearing a lead cup?"
*stumble* "...No.."
"Would you mind steping behind the yellow line" As I point out the yellow parking lines... Priceless...

My friends in the navy nuke program are considerably more ruthless. Examples include sending the new guys to the store room to collect 12 feet of felopian tubing, asking (with great urgency) to locate and escaped fast nuetron, Or asking the security marines to scan the carrier hull for leaks that may have been left by the escaping fast nuetrons. New personell are often greeted by the entire reactor crew donning their super protective suits (you know lead ones) carrying around buckets full of foaming water with lightsticks.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 11:48 AM

I was in an autoparts store once, when a girl came in asking for Blinker fluid. She said her boyfriend sent her in for it. We all chuckled, but the poor girl was on the verge of tears. So we all (customers and employees) pitched in and made a new label on their computer. Put it on a quart of brakefluid, and sent her home with a bottle of Blinker fluid.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 11:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to 97yzfinwyo Send a message via Yahoo to 97yzfinwyo
710 cap

thats as bad as the one going in and asking for a new 710 cap that fits in the hole on her motor!!!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 12:00 PM

Hi All-

I remember years ago when I told the mechanic that I need to change the "710" fluid on my motorcycle to preserve the engine. It was only after he spun the cap around to show me it was "OIL" that we were able to make progress.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 12:02 PM

Hi 97yzfinwyo-

See what happens when posting and you allow yourself to be distracted?! Our minds are thinking alike...

~ Blue Jays ~
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 12:36 PM

When I was in the ARMY I worked in the motorpool as a mechanic. When we got new guys in we would tell them to go to the tool guy and sign out a left handed crescent wrench. Worked every time. Also when the weather would start to change from hot to cold we would tell them that they needed to change the summer air to winter air in the tires. They would spend half the day doing it until someone would tip em off.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 11:45 PM

Friends in the airforce love to send newbies out for 100ft of flight line.

(for those not aviation initiated, flightline is the area around the runway where planes are taking off and landing)
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

Heard of this from my army buddy. Find the newest guy, ask him to fetch you an I.D 10-t gun. Everyone would seem to be in on the deal, cause each person he asks would send him to the next higher rank. Finally, upon reaching the highest ranked member of this scam, the nervous newbie would be told to write it down so that they can look for it.

ID10T

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode