"Excuse me, have you seen my bear?" - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

"Excuse me, have you seen my bear?"

Quote:
Zoo clueless about missing bear

It's big, black and dangerous and could be roaming about the Indian capital.

New Delhi zoo would like to hear urgently from anyone who spots a Himalayan bear missing since February.

The story is embarrassing zoo authorities who today declined to comment officially. But one official, who asked not to be named, scoffed at explanations offered so far to the Indian media that the female bear may have tried to tunnel her way to freedom. The zoo official said the bear may have been poached or died from carelessness.

An unidentified keeper told the Indian Express the bear - weighing between 90 to 110kg - had been missing since February 22.

A couple of days later, two keepers found a tunnel which they believed had been dug by the bear, possibly to escape from an enclosure surrounded by a water-filled moat, he said. Two men were immediately sent into the tunnel to look for the animal but they gave up for fear of attack, the report said.

On March 3, zoo authorities tried to smoke the bear out but failed, leading them to think it had died underground. A digger was being called in to check. But the zoo official who spoke to AFP said black bears do not tunnel.

The bile of the black bear - found in the lower reaches of the Himalayan Mountains - is used in Chinese traditional medicine and is believed to cure rheumatism. Experts say there were an estimated 5000 to 7000 bears in the wild.

"A bear of that size housed in a moated enclosure filled with water just cannot simply disappear," the zoo official said. "And Himalayan black bears are not diggers like the sloth bears. These are excuses to cover up the real story of what happened to the bear. But unfortunately, we may never know."

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 01:49 PM

Poaching in a zoo? Damn, some people got balls.

-M-
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 07:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
PA should just ship them another one. The way the game commission is managing the resource we would be overrun with them if we didn't take a record harvest every year.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 08:28 PM

It sounds like someone in upper management was slipped a little something to look the other way. I cant beleive they wouldn't check out the tunnel I mean WTF. If the bear is in there its gunna be damn weak and tired from digging and probly wouldn't be able to fight back.

Sepias
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

I vote you to go in there to check. F*cked if I would!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 06:23 AM

Ill go check it out in a heart beat. The bear has been in the hole for over 2 months now so he is probly dead But if he isn't Ill have my .32 with me and he will be by the time I come back out

Sepias
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 07:48 AM

I would be packing more than a .32. I would at least take my .44 mag if not my 500 stubby with slugs, or both.

-M-
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 09:48 AM

Yea but your in a tunnel going after something the size of a black bear. They aren't that big. But then again, you can never have a big enough calibre weapon

Sepias
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 04:32 AM

I say get a gun and go!! does anyone know the latest on this??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode