Why I hate the Schwans Food Company. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

Why I hate the Schwans Food Company.

I could list a million reasons but I will only list this one as I need to vent, and I couldn't get ahold of my boss. I will start by saying that I have been a material handler for a schwans food depot for about 8 or so months. We start at 3:30 am, and work until we are done, the longest I have worked is a 14 hour shift, with a single 10 minute break. So we get up real early and go in the freezer that is maintained at -20 degrees and start pulling the orders to load on the trucks, thats basically what my job consist of, however we also unload tractor trailors to resupply our depot. Well some jackass at the corprate HQ decided they wanted to change the time the tractor trailor comes from 9 am, to 12 am, well thats shit since we usually dont arrive until 330 am, ok whatever, ill just have a few sleepless nights whenever the semi comes. So, then yesterday my boss decides, hey the next semi is comming in monday morning, how about we load most the trucks ahead saturday morning, then come in at 8 pm sunday night, finish loading the trucks, then unload the semi, i suggest that this is a shit idea. Getting up at 3 am 6 days of the week kinda makes sleeping in the middle of the day and getting up at 8 pm kinda hard, but I know I pretty much have no say in this. Not to mention I am pretty sure in NY state I am entitled to one day off a week, but again, no say. So I get up at about 10 am sunday morning, go riding and stuff, get home at 4 pm so I could get a few hours of sleep before heading in again, however I just couldnt sleep, cant really sleep on command in the middle of the day, so I go in with no sleep. I know most of you are saying, but slick, you got up at 10 am and are only staying up a few hours after midnight, i do that all the time. Well thats a really pain in the ass for me, because again, my body is used to gettging up at 3 am, not goign to sleep then. So we go into work, the whole time I am sicker than a dog, there is snot running everywhere, and being in a freezer doesnt help it. The only reason I didn't call off is because we have myself, my coworker, and my boss, and unloading a semi short one person is just about impossible, and I guess I care to much to let them struggle. So we do all our shit, finally start heading home around 3 am, on the northway not much traffic, I am dead tired and trying to stay awake. (in my cage mind you) Until finally, I hear a rumbling and vibration, I wake up, holly shit I am headed for the ditch on the side of the northway, My car is about halfway off the road, I jam the wheel to the right, and mash on my brakes, I skid and fishtail 3 lanes right, then 3 lanes back left again until I finally regain control, and this point I am very shaken and not tired anymore. Got out and did a quick inspection of my car after it started vibrating like somethine was wrong with it. A bunch of stones fell out from the underbody but I still don't know if its broken, I think the fuel line or some other line near the back is leaking. Luckily I happend to go off the road and not hit any of those reflectors on teh post, who knows what kinda damage that would have done. So thats my rant, I hope none of you ever buy schwans food again because they treat their drivers like shit, and they treat their warehouse workers about 10 times worst, and I hope some big shot at the company reads this is fires me, because I hate my shitty job anyway. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 06:33 AM

Why don't you just leave and find another job. Apperently, where you work now, they don't give a damn. It's up to you to make the change not them. I bet they will continute to give you a messed up schedule.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

I am working on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode