Sportbike World banner

Introducing Mr & Mrs Cookeetree

2K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  cookeetree 
#1 · (Edited)
G'day all,

Just a quick post, showing you a pic of the happy couple. The entire day was perfect. Talk more soon...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Congrats on the move!

#6 ·
Congratulations! :thumb: :D

#11 ·
Congratulations Cookie and Mrs.Cookie!!!:thumb:
I hope you have a long and happy life together.
Now, how about some little Cookies!:D

Matt

#16 ·
Thanks to all for your kind (and sometimes interesting) wishes.

There were scattered showers on the day. Just before the ceremony started (it was outdoors), the rain abated, so we went for it. It was perfect timing. As we were saying our vows, the sun came through and shone down the aisle, lighting us up. Honestly, we couldn't have asked for a better scenario.

The honeymoon was incredible. We had a 10ft snow base with about 6" of fresh snow during the week. (Smitty, it would have been great to catch up with you in Kelowna :( )

Atlanta was awesome too. Our "rent-a-car" was a 1974 Porsche 914, that Melissa'a friend owns. He also owns two 356's, a fully-restored 1957 Speedster and a 1965 SC. Man, we put some miles on that 914, including a three day, 600 mile excursion to Lake Toxaway, in NC. The Deal's Gap faithful will be happy to know that we spent a full day driving over to and along the Tail of the Dragon and also the Cherohala Skyway.

We've got a million stories, but I can't hang around on here too long at the moment. Talk more soon...

Attachments

#17 ·
cookeetree said:
We've got a million stories, but I can't hang around on here too long at the moment. Talk more soon...
I can't imagine why ;) :D :twofinger

#18 ·
Hi cookeetree-

What a cool and eventful honeymoon you two planned. It is lots more interesting than the predictable "two weeks on the beach" kind of thing. Riding down to Deal's Gap has been one of my intentions for years...and here you and your new wife reside THOUSANDS of miles away across oceans and you've still managed to beat most of us there! :laughing:

Hope you enjoy the rest of your excellent trip...

~ Blue Jays ~

#20 ·
It would have been good to meet you as well cookee, but you have no idea of how much I HATE Kelowna & especially this outdated antique floating bridge, plus the bottlenecks at both north & south ends to get on it. Said "thing" was built back in early 50s & since then population has exploded beyond belief yet they still have this belief of 'horse & buggie' days of forcing EVERYONE to go through their MAIN street (belief ALL will stop off & buy productrs in Kelowna) instead of a by-pass around the city & a good six lane bridge to possibly a four lane bridge into Kelowna.

Besides that would be a 45 mile trip, the battle to get to the bridge, & though the jammed up traffic that so many feel nugging up to become bumper touching to be a true way to drive .

Also none of my bikes were insured & even though I insured two of them on March 27th I have only had one out to scoot downtown to pay my Visa & a few other things with temp of just 5C (40F) with strong winds & rain. Yet higher up in my usual riding areas that would be a mix or snow, rain, or black ice.

Sorry cookee you just rushed things a bit for me & even then would I want to tackle the Kelowna traffic? The Honda Dealer is on the northern part of Kelowna & I only go to that shop about every three yrs though visit the Yamaha shop quite frequently (possibly 3 to 5 times in a season) as said shop is BEFORE the bottleneck of said bridge.

#21 · (Edited)
kanwisch - :eyebrows:

Blue Jays - It was so bizarre, driving a road that I'd heard about on this forum. If I had the chance to do it again, I'd go when it's a bit warmer, so I could take the roof off the 914. The Cherohala Skyway climbs to over 5300ft and still had snow and ice on the hills!

mstrand_68 - No Cookee jr's for a couple of years, but I still won't be able to afford a new bike for a while. Construction of the Cookee box begins in a month or so. Thankfully, pretty much all of the wedding and honeymoon were paid for before we even left the country.

Smitty - Not to worry. If Mrs Tree and I ever go overseas skiing again, you can be sure that we'll head to Big White again. The snow was just amazing. Waaaaaaay better than I've ever seen in Australia.

Here's a pic from the Cherohala Skyway...

Attachments

#26 ·
mstrand_68 said:
That cage is ugly as hell, but looks fun to drive! I think its just the yellow, if it where all one color or the yellow was red or something it would look a lot better.

Since you have been posting does that meen your back in Aus.?

-M-
Yeah, it's certainly not the prettiest model Porsche ever built, but damn, it sits well on the road. Rides like a go-kart. I actually like the "bumble-bee" paint job. Very distinctive.

Yes, we're back home from the honeymoon. We got back on Saturday arvo and I'm back at work today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.