Feeling The Pain Of St. Patty Day - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Feeling The Pain Of St. Patty Day

Ok, who else is quietly waiting to die today?

The boss's wife went out of town last night so we got to take him out. He was ruined. Still is. Work is going to suck today.

-M-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 11:12 AM

I didn't drink that much, but I made poor choices about the types of alcohol I was consuming. First vodka, then rum, then beer, then dark beer, then redbull and vodka, then a little more rum. Definately paying for it now. The upside is we went to a great concert! Flogging Molly!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Was there a bunch of skin heads there? Went to one of those in cali, the mosh pit was out of control with big ol' skin heads smashing around with white power tattoed across thier back.

Insane...

-M-

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 01:10 PM

Hi mstrand_68:

Are you sure you've got the correct band pictured in your mind? I visited the band website and it shows guys in their middle to late-thirties with banjos, violins, accordions, along with instruments one would expect to see like guitars and drums. I guess I would have to listen to some of their music clips to know for sure.

It doesn't strike me that they would be loud enough, angry enough, or metal enough for a hardcore, white-power, scary Aryan Nation kind of gig!

~ Blue Jays ~
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevlar7R
I didn't drink that much, but I made poor choices about the types of alcohol I was consuming. First vodka, then rum, then beer, then dark beer, then redbull and vodka, then a little more rum. Definately paying for it now. The upside is we went to a great concert! Flogging Molly!
Redbull and Vodka?!?! Its suppose to be Redbull and Jager! That will F* you up quite well. Were have St. Patties day tonight. Some friends brought up some Absenth and were gunna crack it open tonight. Ill tell you how I fell in the morning... let me refrase that... if I feel in the morning

Sepias

Last edited by SepiasSoul; 03-18-2006 at 05:42 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Jays
Hi mstrand_68:

Are you sure you've got the correct band pictured in your mind? I visited the band website and it shows guys in their middle to late-thirties with banjos, violins, accordions, along with instruments one would expect to see like guitars and drums. I guess I would have to listen to some of their music clips to know for sure.

It doesn't strike me that they would be loud enough, angry enough, or metal enough for a hardcore, white-power, scary Aryan Nation kind of gig!

~ Blue Jays ~
There was a mosh pit, but it wasn't violent. No skin heads. Mostly wanna-be punks, with their 9-5 haircut gelled up in a mohawk. Its the kinda music that makes you want to get up and move, but not outwardly violent.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 11:35 AM

Hi Kevlar7R-

Thanks for the clarification! That sounds more like what I would expect based upon pictures of the band that I viewed. A bunch of young men and ladies bouncing around, having fun, and mixing it up a bit...but nothing over-the-top compared to what might be seen with other bands.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 12:41 PM

It was a lot of fun. There were even kids there! They had an ambulance on site, but I never saw anyone being treated. I also never saw any fights, or any outright direspect. If people bumped into you, they usually said sorry. The security gaurds did have to pull a few girls out of the guys bathroom, though. The guys really wanted them to stay, but the guards didn't think that was a good idea. :-)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Maybe I got the band names mixed up. It was an Irish punk band. I was amazed at the turnout too. The guy I went with likes that kind of music. He named out vehicle in Iraq "Floggin' Molly" I will have to give him a call and see which band it was.

-M-
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 08:04 AM

Same band. They claim to be punk, but far from it in my book. Whatever they want to call themselves, the music is good.

As for the celebration... well the weekend rained anyway....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode