Cartoonists better keep their heads down! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Cartoonists better keep their heads down!

Quote:
Court issues fatwa on cartoonists

An Islamic court in India has issued a fatwa, or religious decree, condemning to death the 12 artists who drew the controversial images of the prophet Mohammed.

The decree was issued on behalf of the Idar-e-Sharia Darul Kaza Islamic court in northern Uttar Pradesh state by its religious head in the state capital, Lucknow.

"Death is the only penalty for the cartoonists who had drawn sacrilegious cartoons of the prophet," Maulana Mufti Abul Irfan, the religious head of the court, said overnight.

The court's ruling is binding on Muslims, but can be challenged under Indian law.

Mr Irfan said it was clearly written in the Muslim holy book, the Koran, that anyone who insulted the prophet deserved to be punished. He said the fatwa was applicable wherever Muslims live.

Jaffaryab Zilany, a member of the authoritative national body of Muslim clerics, the All-India Muslim Personal Law Board, said however that although the fatwa was legitimate under Islamic law, it had no legal binding in India.

The sentence comes days after a minister in the state government, Mohammed Yaqoob Qureshi, offered a reward of $US11.5 million ($15.6 million) for the beheading of any of the cartoonists.

The cartoons, drawn by 12 artists, were first published in the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten in September and later reprinted in other mainly European dailies. They have sparked protests worldwide, some of them deadly.

On Saturday, a cleric in Pakistan offered a $US1-million ($1.35 million) reward and a car for the death of any of the cartoonists responsible for the drawings, one of which portrayed the prophet with a bomb in his turban.

Muslims consider any depiction of the prophet to be blasphemous.

Muslims make up about 130 million of mainly Hindu India's billion-plus population. While there have been large demonstrations against the cartoons in India, they have been mainly peaceful.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 05:17 PM

Oh this is just getting rediculous....

Anyone else have a feeling that this is about to escalate BIG TIME?

The Muslims are starting to look a lot like the Nazis. Everyone argues that not all muslims are bad. Not all Nazis were bad either, some of them did some good things. Their leaders were pretty screwed up in the head, and the whole thing went pretty bad. Same description for the Muslims. Sure, they aren't all bad, but their leaders are pretty screwed up in the head!

They are calling for the death of people who committed no physical crimes against any other person. I am just disgusted......

Last edited by Kevlar7R; 02-20-2006 at 05:22 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 12:52 PM

When the muslims are in these big religious stinks/parades/protests why do they not have big drawings of whatever they are complaining about for not all of us have seen them. In that way when seeing all three or 33 or whatever they are THEN we can see what they are bitching about. After all it would be so simple to do as they can seemingly put anything on their placards or images of people they burn. LOL

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 02:29 PM

This is exactly why we have separation of church and state. religion does NOT belong in government. There's no logical thinking involved with it. Religion is like a woman... based purely on emotion. Right now, these Muslim nutbags are waaaayyyy too emotional! This shit is going to go nuts. Cause pretty soon they're actually gonna hack the head off one of these poor guys for doin his job. While it was a bit ignorant, I still found it to be funny. I don't think anyone ever thought that something so petty would get the entire globe in a hissy fit. There's no doubt in my mind this is gonna get bad. How petty and rediculous are muslims that they would put the world at war over a picture. Oh well, looks like I won't have to worry about job security!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 09:32 AM

Just wait and see... this is going to end in Genocide. The first one to behead one of the cartoonists will become an international criminal. Their religion will back him, thus sending 90% of the world into a war against just one small group of people, ending in Genocide. It is a shame that they either don't see it comming, or are so engrossed in their religion that they believe they will be protected while doing gods work. In the end, innocent people will pay for what these people have done. Unfortunate, but thats the way these things always happen.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 06:30 PM

In addition to the Islamic world being pissed off at the non-Islamic world, they may be headed for civil war, which may start in Iraq. Since that mosque was blown up a few days ago the Sunnis and Shiites are going at it. It's not too bad right now but all the experts say to keep an eye on the Iraqi army and police. If they start splitting up into their own religious groups then a civil war could be on the way. Since the Sunnis are so out numbered I can't understand why they are pushing for this, and a lot of them are. If the Iraqis do have a civil war, American troops should withdraw from the cities and stay out of it. In fact, Bush should say we are tired of dealing with these stupid ingrates and bring our troops home.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 09:18 PM

on the contrary, if this shit starts to heat up, expect more troops to get sent over. Honestly, and please don't take this and run with it, but why the hell does everyone want us to come home? Do you not see what will happen? You want us to just pick up and leave? By doing that we leave everything we did to waste. If we don't finish what we've started then those 2 thousand men died for nothing. I don't fight for what the president says on tv, or what a bunch of people write in the paper. I fight for the men next to me. And I'll be damned if I let their deaths be spat on by pulling out and giving up on something they gave the ultimate sacrifice for! If civil war becomes a possibility then we go in and stomp it before it gets out of control. anywhere else in the world, fine, they can all kill each other and we'll go mop up the mess. Thats less of them that I have to worry about. But not somewhere that we've already fought and lost men trying to gain control of and rebuild. While these people may be rediculous in what they're fighting for, at least they believe strong enough in something to fight. Read my signature. This is not a direct post to you in any way desert-lad, just something I've been wanting to get off my chest.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 03:58 AM

Quote:
If the Iraqis do have a civil war, American troops should withdraw from the cities
Never going to happen. Remember Somolia? We weren't there for the beginning of that... we came in later to try to help. If this breaks out into a civil war, our troops are already in place.

Stain... I am with you 100%. I will be very proud to serve with people like you when I finally join. (still struggling with the weight)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 06:01 AM

If a civil war breaks out we will not get in the middle of it. That comes from a 4-star American general over there. Just repeating what they are saying.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 02:49 PM

Damnit, this is getting out of hand. Why don't they read WWII history books and see exactly what happened there? They are being very hippacritical of thinking they could impose religious law on other countries when they already bitch about the US imposing democracy to developing nations. Atleast the US means well, I don't think beheading of cartoonists is very start when trying to promote the religion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode