The spiders are HUGE in Australia!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

The spiders are HUGE in Australia!!

Quote:
Man breaks leg kicking spider

A 19-year-old broke his leg in two places while kicking at a spider in the NSW Southern Highlands.

NRMA CareFlight said the teenager was flown to Liverpool Hospital in a stable condition from a property 25km west of Mittagong after the incident involving a large huntsman spider before 1pm (AEDT) today.

The force of the man's kick at the spider broke his right leg in two places and also killed the spider.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 10:53 AM

Was the spider sitting on an anvil?

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
Was the spider sitting on an anvil?
Perhaps it was a spider-shaped anvil?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 01:52 PM

Then you had best move over to Cdn cookee for the weather is not warm enough to even turn any bug into something dangerous if it bites or you name it.

In the dojo at our Judo class the women would become so frightend to the diamond back beetle or whatever it is called. Still with bar feet we would stamp them out of live. Place was loaded with said diamond backs. No problem for their bite would not even come to a scratching bite.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
Then you had best move over to Cdn cookee for the weather is not warm enough to even turn any bug into something dangerous if it bites or you name it...
If I ever move to Canada, it won't be because of the lack of bugs, but rather the abundance of deep, beautiful, white, powdery snow!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cookeetree
If I ever move to Canada, it won't be because of the lack of bugs, but rather the abundance of deep, beautiful, white, powdery snow!

You truelly are demented. I mean, seriously.. there is something wrong with you!

hehe to each their own, I guess. I plan on moving to warmer climate to get out of this god-forsaken land full of evil white shit forcing my bike (and me) into hibernation for months on end.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by ZX6R1033
...I plan on moving to warmer climate to get out of this god-forsaken land full of evil white shit forcing my bike (and me) into hibernation for months on end.
You hibernate. I ski.

A world where I could ride for several months of the year and ski for several months...

...oh, to dream...

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cookeetree
You hibernate. I ski.

A world where I could ride for several months of the year and ski for several months...

...oh, to dream...
that would be nice but "several" would not be included in one of those factors in one way shape or form. when there's snow, theres salt, ice, sand, which means unsafe riding conditions. unfortunately, you cant have both. unless you also bought a sled, or snowmobile as some only know them as.

now sledding AND MC's, now THATS the best of both worlds!

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 11:50 AM

That was my way as well, when younger. I skied like mad & actually set-up a sport shop that catered to mountaineers (rather then the Irish Linen shop with skies for winter time & back to linen in the summer time---no gear for mountaineers) & skiers, for you see I loved climbing as well. Come summertime it was m/cing to compettion along with climbing mountains.

Both of my knees are shot along with other things & it all means old age is upon me so it is riding though even in h/gun shooting the younger muscles are no longer in my body let alone arms & hands so grouping is starting to spread a bit.

Last edited by Smitty; 01-14-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode