Firearms and Conceiled Carry - Documentery - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Firearms and Conceiled Carry - Documentery

In about a month, I will begin filming for a documentery on Firearms, with the main focus being Conceiled Carry issues. I will be interviewing as many people as I can from either side of the arguement, in an attempt to make this project non-biased. Since there are a few members here who share an interest in firearms, I thought perhaps there would be some questions you would like to see asked (toward either side). If you post the questions, I will note [the serious ones] and make sure they are asked. If there is enough interest, I would be more than happy to share the final product here, as well. Besides, Mrs. Tree has to grade it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 01:12 PM

Hi ZX6R1033-

You'll probably want to read the books authored by Professor John R. Lott, Jr. on this same topic including More Guns, Less Crime that was written a few years ago. This person is a scholar who took a similar unbiased approach when he compiled his data. There were interesting discoveries about concealed carry that were obtained during his research.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 01:32 PM

Re: Firearms and Conceiled Carry - Documentery

Quote:
Originally posted by ZX6R1033
In about a month, I will begin filming for a documentery on Firearms, with the main focus being Conceiled Carry issues...

...Mrs. Tree has to grade it.
I'll be sure to let her know it's coming. Look forward to seeing it myself.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Blue - Excellent suggestion. I have been reading as much as I can find on the net in the past two weeks, and I have a few 'suggestions' posts on various forums (the firing line, exc). I think the project will turn out good.

Mr. Tree - You will surely be one of the first to see it. I am looking forward to knowing what I could have done better. I have always been a bit of a perfectionist, and I highly value the opinions of those who could teach me new things.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 03:48 PM

sounds like a fun documentery and in maine where firearms are common in almost every home it should make for a good documentery. i have a question for you to ask ( why should people other then law enforcement or mony carriers be allowed to carry consealed weapons) if you need any help with this project just send me an email at [email protected] and ill give you my number, remember iam only 1/2 hour from you.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 04:21 PM

Best of luck from an outsider in Cdn of where to even have the right papers passed & received is a toll of around a year or more plus ONLY allowed to used Cdn Certified H/Gun ranges. I type also as one of the rare h/gun directors-instructors at said ranges. We do NOT have the right to CCW no matter what.

Presently, with just three weeks left if a nation wide Federal election the Prime Minister is trying to get his Govt back in & also be elected YET has claimed once back in office he will BAN HANDGUNS. His attempt to stop gangs, criminals, & drug people from using the illegal guns & machine guns. Though the guns he will be seizing will be those of the Cdn law-abiding & tax payers that are the REAL h/gun target shooters AND not of the criminals.

To stay legal we had to go through this maze of red-tape, courses, & so much more (they probably know more about our personalities then they do of most Members of Parliment) which included re-registering h/guns, that have been registered since 1934, along with all long bbl guns. They know with make, model, caliber, S/N plus name, address & all these guns will be the first to be confiscated & destroyed Criminals do not register their guns, take courses, or such. A lamb brain Govt you will have to agree. Especially when we questioned the matter that the registering of our guns & was told it is NOT to confiscate them now or in the future.

Last edited by Smitty; 01-04-2006 at 04:25 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 09:39 PM

You may want to look at the gender aspect of CCW. A lot of women who are liberal in nature carry a gun out of fear of attack. Many women get off work late at night and have to walk to their cars, maybe stop at a 7-11 on the way home, and so on. One woman bartender friend of mine gets off work at midnight. She carries a .380 auto in a side pouch on her purse and can keep her hand on it at all times. She told me that she will fire straight through her purse if she is in any way cornered or attacked.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert-Lad
You may want to look at the gender aspect of CCW. A lot of women who are liberal in nature carry a gun out of fear of attack. Many women get off work late at night and have to walk to their cars, maybe stop at a 7-11 on the way home, and so on. One woman bartender friend of mine gets off work at midnight. She carries a .380 auto in a side pouch on her purse and can keep her hand on it at all times. She told me that she will fire straight through her purse if she is in any way cornered or attacked.

Someone always brings up women when you start this conversation. I went head first into this, and suprisingly enough, women only account for 43% of the violent crimes in this nation. Statistically speaking, men are more in danger. I think the subject of women comes up more because men (generally speaking) want to believe they are badass, and wouldnt admit they were scared even after they had pissed themselves.

I have also found (statistically speaking) that men are concerned with a wider spectrum of crimes than women. Men fear car jackings, murder, muggings, exc. When asking a women about carrying guns, 93% of them answered only one... Rape. Interestingly enough, 13% of the rape reported nationwide for 2003 was male. Not even rape is gender-specific.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 12:22 PM

You might want to go back into history a bit, like 60s or 70s in Florida or Miami itself, when police noticed a lot of women, to men purchasing h/guns for g/fs or wives as protection against criminals or rapists.

The police offered to train all of them & some yrs later made contact with some & found they had never indicated they had a h/gun--to the possible criminal, flashed a h/gun or used it for self-defense. STILL the crime rate against women took a big drop as word got out about them with h/guns & trained by police.

After all better to be trained how to use a h/gun in the most safe manner as the Cdn Vancouver chap that shot off his finger, accidently (I think) while on the toilet-bowl in the washroom of his home!!!!!

Last edited by Smitty; 01-05-2006 at 12:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode