Stupid telephone keeps on ringing. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Stupid telephone keeps on ringing.

Like it rings in the wee-wee hrs of the morning, early in the morning, any time of the day, just as I am cooking supper, when I am having my evening meal, in the evening & when I go to bed.

Most confusing for when I pick it up I always say my name & that is who is speaking. Something I have since I started to work back in '48.

Still on the other end is nothing, or the sounds of something that means nothing like breathing or lord knows what else.

That would set me to phoning a few of my friends & ask if they phoned me & only let the phone ring three times. Never been so for most will wait 6 or 9 rings before hanging up, knowing I am not there or not able to get at it. Like business calls are banned & if so they are fined-------took us some yrs to get that into effect & no longer do I have some character telling me about tihe wonderful deal on emptying my septic tank which I have not had for last five years as we have a sewage system in this town.

The light has come on that this is POSSIBLY because of all these people with the cellular telephones with the numbers & lord knows what else being so small that there are errors when they go to phone someone else or at least my assumption. At first I thought it was some that are resetting their code of just pressing the one number when they want to contact me possibly due to a cellular or possibly becase there was a familiar power outage & so have to set the numbers again.

In prior yrs I use to get a call from some young person, sounding like in their teens, asking if this was a Summerland taxi cab firm & that made sense once I found our two numbers were so close, & at 2:30am it would not be surprising. He was getting calls aimed at me. So he changed his & I do thank him for neither of us have the above problems.

Last edited by Smitty; 12-31-2005 at 11:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 12:18 PM

I wonder which SBW member is stalking you smitty
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

If so Lost Nomad he has nearly driven me crazy, though the Xmas thing is sort of over & probably more cellular phones are breaking down. My curse on cellular phones.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 07:45 AM

Just stop paying the bill. That will stop it.

A few ccs short of a full litre.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 07:45 AM

I doubt its cell phones causing your problem.

Call the phone company, and let them know that there is an abuse issue. They can begin tracking these calls once you make them aware of it, and once the source is found, you can have some peace!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 08:18 AM

One time we were getting 2 or 3 calls a day for about a year. The callers would leave these long Intricate messages about having us take their dogs in to get them bred. Sometimes I'd call them back (We have caller I.D. or they would leave their number) and I'd mess with them or tell them they had a bad number. Turns out there was a missprint in some popular dog breeding magazine.

A few ccs short of a full litre.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Well mac020 that bit about the dog breeding shop sort of jived with this new single vehicle taxi cab phone number. Oh yes the chap progressed out to two vehicles & then folded up as the other won some contract of where those on fixed incomes or UIC & whatever else only payed part & in some cases it was a free-bee.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Well mac020 that bit about the dog breeding shop sort of jived with this new single vehicle taxi cab phone number. Oh yes the chap progressed out to two vehicles & then folded up as the other won some contract of where those on fixed incomes or UIC & whatever else only payed part & in some cases it was a free-bee.

Still have you seen how some of these kids can dial a phone number with a thumb or a finger? It is like a blur------at my age I have to keep an eye on what number I am dialing. Even screwed up on my area code number last week & when I looked into the phone book, it is so full of other info like maps of this or that or first aid, or how to do this or that, special dialing procedures, earthquakes, time zones, & so much I had to tell the firm I would call back. Some 20 minutes later I found my area code number & have forgotten it by now------it is either 501 or 105!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode