Build the Wall - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Build the Wall

I'm all for the wall/barrier along our southern border, plus more guards and hi-tech surveillance. A lot of people say it sends the wrong message. I say it sends the perfect message that we're tired of some crappy third world country dumping their low end unemployed on us. Legal immigration, yes.

Vincente Fox is shitting in our face. The Mexican army brutally enforces their southern border against Central Americans coming across. They can get up to two years in a Mexican prison, and that is real hard time. But Fox turns around and does everthing he can to get his unwanted across his northern border. I think people in the U.S. are starting to get mad about this, as I have been since the 1960s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 03:59 PM

Re: Build the Wall

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert-Lad
I'm all for the wall/barrier along our southern border, plus more guards and hi-tech surveillance. A lot of people say it sends the wrong message. I say it sends the perfect message that we're tired of some crappy third world country dumping their low end unemployed on us. Legal immigration, yes.

Vincente Fox is shitting in our face. The Mexican army brutally enforces their southern border against Central Americans coming across. They can get up to two years in a Mexican prison, and that is real hard time. But Fox turns around and does everthing he can to get his unwanted across his northern border. I think people in the U.S. are starting to get mad about this, as I have been since the 1960s.
The parking lot of my work is ringed in Mexican day laborers every morning. They litter, they spit, they smoke. They jump infront of trucks trying to get attention, to get hired for the day. I for one have had enough.
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

This is what got me going on this: ( http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...9/144336.shtml )

Mexico's Vicente Fox: U.S. Border Wall Plan 'Shameful"

Mexican President Vicente Fox stepped up his attacks on the United States' plan to build a fence along its southern border on Sunday, saying it was a "shameful" initiative for a democracy.

Fox said barriers between nations belonged to the last century and had been torn down by popular uprisings, referring to the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.

"This wall is shameful," Fox said at an event for migrants in his home state of Guanajuato.

On Friday, the U.S. House of Representatives voted 239-182 in favor of an immigration enforcement bill, which includes a proposal to build 700 miles of fence through parts of California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.

Under the bill, soldiers and police would help stop people sneaking across, and employers would have to check the legal status of their workers.

Fox said the measures were hypocritical for a country made up of immigrants.

"When we look at their roots, the immense majority are migrants, migrants that have arrived from all over the world," he said.

Since he came into power in 2000, Fox has lobbied the U.S. government to allow more Mexicans to work legally in the United States.

President Bush has proposed a new guest worker program with three-year work visas, but lawmakers refused to include the program in the immigration bill passed Friday.

U.S. authorities estimate there are about 11 million undocumented migrants in the United States, about half of them Mexican.

post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 05:11 PM

Hi All-

We don't even need a sophisticated wall with electronic sensors and 24 x 7 x 365 security. Simply erect two tall chainlink fences a half-mile apart. The no-man's-land between should be a dense minefield that would ensure a quick and painless death to anyone who foolishly scales the fences or attempts to dig beneath them.

Signs and audio announcements could be made in a variety of languages advising visitors to use the appropriate points of documented entry to prevent fatalities. It would only take three or four intruders getting blown to smithereens for the message to spread through the folks considering illegal entry.

It might initially sound harsh, but extensive use of landmines would actually prevent deaths and greatly reduce human trafficking and indentured slavery.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 05:31 PM

I agree the immigration population needs to be controlled a little better, but at the same time, i can't criticize it too much, I'm a 2nd generation american, and if there were those really stringent laws, I don't think I'd be here today.

From what I hear it can be a long process to become a legal immigrant, time that some people just don't have. some of these unemployed illegal immigrants have moved here to look for a better life, even if it means doing all the dirty and menial jobs out there, it still means a job for them.

This is still considered the land of opportunity for a lot of people, but w/ that in mind... the land is filling up and I don't mind letting people in as long as they are contributing to society, and not a hinderance.

I'd rather deport the drug-addicted/alcoholic homeless as well as those only taking advantage of welfare before we totally try to close our borders to those that just want a chance for a better life
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Lost Nomad
I agree the immigration population needs to be controlled a little better, but at the same time, i can't criticize it too much, I'm a 2nd generation american, and if there were those really stringent laws, I don't think I'd be here today.

From what I hear it can be a long process to become a legal immigrant, time that some people just don't have. some of these unemployed illegal immigrants have moved here to look for a better life, even if it means doing all the dirty and menial jobs out there, it still means a job for them.

This is still considered the land of opportunity for a lot of people, but w/ that in mind... the land is filling up and I don't mind letting people in as long as they are contributing to society, and not a hinderance.

I'd rather deport the drug-addicted/alcoholic homeless as well as those only taking advantage of welfare before we totally try to close our borders to those that just want a chance for a better life
Every country has the right to control who crosses their border. Are these people criminals, do they have diseases like TB, are any of them terriorists, and so on. I also feel sorry for their plight but Mexico has to take care of their own first. Look at New Orleans. We have a lot of our own problems to deal with.

This invasion has got to be stopped and if it takes a fence, and other means, then so be it. A lot of people think this is racial since most of the U.S. is white and Mexicans are Hispanic. I am German by heritage and I don't care if it was Germany on our southern or northern border. They just cannot enter this country in violation of our laws. No other country on earth allows even one person to jump their border and we can't either.
post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Jays
Hi All-

We don't even need a sophisticated wall with electronic sensors and 24 x 7 x 365 security. Simply erect two tall chainlink fences a half-mile apart. The no-man's-land between should be a dense minefield that would ensure a quick and painless death to anyone who foolishly scales the fences or attempts to dig beneath them.

Signs and audio announcements could be made in a variety of languages advising visitors to use the appropriate points of documented entry to prevent fatalities. It would only take three or four intruders getting blown to smithereens for the message to spread through the folks considering illegal entry.

It might initially sound harsh, but extensive use of landmines would actually prevent deaths and greatly reduce human trafficking and indentured slavery.

~ Blue Jays ~
I agree, and I bet a lot of other people do as well. But due to political correctness they wouldn't say so.
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Jays
Hi All-

~ Blue Jays ~
All thou this would work. There are to many liberals in the world to allow some thing like this in a free country.
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lost Nomad

+1.
Dont get me wrong I got nothing against the fence concept, except perhaps the cost. But understand that america does need to reform its immigration code, so as to make legal immigration possible. Right now its a long process (5-10years), requiring a great deal of cash, and whats worse subject to acts of random buerocracy.
Like nomad, I think that what is important is an induviduals contribution to society and not place of birth. But a country must be able to regulate its immigration, it should simply be abit smarter about it.

Bluey, no personal offence here, but your suggestion is downright stupid, or at least highly impractical. Great, you got a no mans land. First person hopes across and blows a hole 15' in diameter. It takes a chunk of the fence with it, and most likely sets a few secondary explosions. The next person is going to have a much easier time sneaking across, so work crews have to be sent to re-mine the field. That means bringing bulldozers into a mine field.
So even ignoring the damage this would do to our public image, it would be very very impractical.

post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 08:26 AM

Whoa, what kind of land mines are using vash? 15ft hole, holy crap.... Yes I know this would never happen, but I think he was thinking more on the lines of bouncing betties. Not a tank mine rigged for low pressure like a human foot.

Look at you Vash, you spent the time and effort to come to this country. Personally if I did that it would piss me off even more if people just decided that was to much work and came illegally. I'm not taking your stance wrong here Vash...

Regan wanted gun towers put up like every 500 yards. People smashed that idea. It would take a lot away from the military just to keep those running 24hrs. Maybe not mines but dogs? People don't stop and think anymore they just bitch. No we can't have mines that's inhumane. No we can't have dogs that's cruel. Why are my taxes going up all the time? Oh, maybe it has something to do with me voting against these things and for good treatment of illegal immigrants. Now they can cross the border no problem, get arrested, and have more rights and better treatment that an American citizen in the judicial system. But they just want a better life... That's fine but do it the right way. A criminal is a criminal.

So build the wall, put up gun towers, put in the mine fields. I guarantee it will cost us less in the long run than housing and jailing and deporting a bunch of people that shouldn't be here in the first place.

DING!!!

-M-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode