Cookeetree, what's wrong with Austraila? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Question Cookeetree, what's wrong with Austraila?

Hey Cookee, since your from Austrailia, What's up with the youth uprising? I'm here in Florida and there doesn't seem to be much about what's happening in Queensland, I think it's Queensland. The only thing I can get from the news is that there will be a big uprising on Sunday? Any truth to this? Also, they keep saying it's Neo-Nazis, is that true? I just figure you'd know. Hit me back.

Oh yeah, this is what I'm talking about. Sorry it's long.

Now churches are targeted
Nick Leys and Dan Box
December 15, 2005
FOUR churches in Sydney's southwest have been attacked in 24 hours as the city's riots spread from race to religion.

A community hall linked to a Uniting church was burned to the ground early yesterday, carol-singers were spat on and church buildings peppered with gunfire.

In response, members of the Arab Christian and Arab Muslim communities have called for a curfew for all Lebanese youths over the weekend.

Police believe the attack on the hall, in the suburb of Auburn, was intended to destroy the Uniting church next door, while nearby StThomas's Anglican Church, which has a primarily Chinese congregation, had all its front windows smashed. Three of the attacks were on churches within minutes of each other. The night before, Molotov cocktails were used in an attack on an Anglican church in Macquarie Fields in the city's far southwest.

Arab Christians have suggested the attacks on churches may have been meant as a violent attempt to "shame" the city's Lebanese Christian community into supporting Lebanese Muslims in the race-hate war, which began as a battle against young white males over use of suburban beaches.

Community leaders said Lebanese youths should not venture out after 9pm on Friday and Saturday, and should stay home all day on Sunday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Surf Nazis
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 01:15 PM

I have a hunch Cookee was one of those that got into the fighting, for doesn't he just seem the type? LOL

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
I have a hunch Cookee was one of those that got into the fighting, for doesn't he just seem the type? LOL
Not to mention Ms. Tree. I mean, sure she looks nice & sweet, but one never really knows, does one?????
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 07:15 PM

Hi All-

At least we don't have to worry about Christians beheading anyone...unlike The Religion of Peace (TROP) that we're always hearing about in the news.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 09:34 PM

Historically, Christians have preferred thumbscrews, garrotes, drowning chairs, pressing with stones, drawing & quartering, and burning at the stake...maybe if our good Christian friends in Washington get the go-ahead to torture again, they'll have devised some new ways to show their kinder, gentler nature..... Never a good idea to present the worst examples of any human group as being par for the course..... I won't assume that the thousands of drunken youth out looking for revenge are typical of Australia.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rundog
Historically, Christians have preferred thumbscrews, garrotes, drowning chairs, pressing with stones, drawing & quartering, and burning at the stake...maybe if our good Christian friends in Washington get the go-ahead to torture again, they'll have devised some new ways to show their kinder, gentler nature..... Never a good idea to present the worst examples of any human group as being par for the course..... I won't assume that the thousands of drunken youth out looking for revenge are typical of Australia.
Rundog its no secret that when religion gets in charge, things start travelling downhill quickly, regardless of the symbol. However comparing current conditions to medieval torture is an insult to the inquisition (and by proxy, the catholic church).

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 05:51 AM

Don't be so bitter, Rundog.

If it wasn't for Christian Missionaries, you guys would still be in the the jungle throwing spears and eating each other.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmyjr
Don't be so bitter, Rundog.

If it wasn't for Christian Missionaries, you guys would still be in the the jungle throwing spears and eating each other.

A knowledge of history isn't very important to you, I see.
But if it'll make you feel better, you come round the way and hop your ass up on the grill...Lousiana hot sauce makes anything taste good...

For those of you whose light burns a little brighter, it's important that you not fall into the trap of dehumanizing other people, or assuming some false sense of superiority.

Last edited by Rundog; 12-15-2005 at 12:15 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 09:00 PM

Too late for some of us it seems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode