I hope Saddam goes free - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

I hope Saddam goes free

From what I've seen so far the case against Saddam is pretty lame. They have no hard evidence linking him to anything. So they should set him free.

All they have to do is take off the handcuffs, tell him we're sorry for bumping off his two boys, and give him $20 cab fare. Of course the exact date, time, and location of his release should be made known to the Iraqi people. That way anyone having issues with Saddam would know where he is and would be free to settle those issues at that time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 08:13 AM

Hi All-

I'm waiting for Saddam Hussein to subpoena America-hating nitwits like Senator Ted Orca Kennedy, Senator John Kerry, Senator Little Dick Durbin, Senator Chuck Schumer, and other lefty knuckleheads to repeat in court what they've been saying here. You would think that Saddam Hussein was Humanitarian of the Year by listening to them.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 09:33 AM

You know there comes a point where the judicial system is utterly useless. The cost to try a dictator is enormous, the factual proof is rare (hey he RAN the country), and worse yet, the outcome is known long before the trial started. Its saddam FFS. How many thouthands of people did he kill? why are we wasting everyones time with that?
Isnt understood by most all of the human race, that its one of the risks you take when you become a dictator? It pays very well, but the retirement plan sucks

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Jays
Hi All-

I'm waiting for Saddam Hussein to subpoena America-hating nitwits like Senator Ted Orca Kennedy, Senator John Kerry, Senator Little Dick Durbin, Senator Chuck Schumer, and other lefty knuckleheads to repeat in court what they've been saying here. You would think that Saddam Hussein was Humanitarian of the Year by listening to them.

~ Blue Jays ~
I'm sorry but I listen to any and all senators, congressmen, or politically involved or issue involved people, and I can't say I ever got anything close to that impression from ANY of those on that list, or for that matter, just about any person ANYWHERE. The concurrence has been that dude was bad news.

What to do about it and what policy should be adopted that wasn't just an emotional reaction from a gut sense of disgust and frustration with him, a policy that had a real world chance of accomplishing the desired end, is where I've seen the discussions and I tended to agree with many of their positions more than I did others. I also feel that the unfolding of the whole situation, the hindsight, is actually proving out a lot of what I felt and much of what they voiced, too. I think John Murtha put it succcinctly when he said, "The solution to this problem will be a political one and not a military one. It's unwinable militarily."

Oh, and for anybody who repeats the mantra that Murtha suggested a clean cut and run, don't look back - that's patently 100% false. Yet it was the way it was reported and repeated time and again on the news, especially on some news. Listen to him and better yet, listen to the whole hearing on the floor of Congress, and you'll see what was said. It got pretty wild and I'm glad it did. This IS an issue worth getting excited about and voicing your opinion strongly.

I have seen very legitimate discussions and have also seen very political discussions with TREMENDOUS leaps to conclusions that just aren't supported by any facts the pundits presented or facts I've been able to find elsewhere. The legitimate discussions are very informative regardless of which side those involved might come down on. Some of the best I've seen have been on Public Television news and especially Charlie Rose interviews. That guy is good!

Sorry, Bluejay, no Joan Baez singing on this one.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.

Last edited by Dad; 12-06-2005 at 11:02 AM.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 12:06 PM

Thats exactly the problem. Everyone is all up an at em about what murta may or may not have said and who may or may not have called him a coward. You know what? I dont give a damn. Why dont they worry more about winning iraq, establishing a good base of ops there, and squizing the hell out of iran untill it abandons all the bullshit about nukes and paying people to blow us up everywhere. While they are at it, cheaper gas wont hurt.
The more time goes on, the more I think that democracy has reached it limits of usefullness, just like many other gov't systems have before it. It was a great concept to govern 20 million, but with 200 million it turns into constant bickering and nothing ever gets done.
Damn it the solution is in mathematics. Surely there must be a way to describe a gov't in terms of its effects on GNP.

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
You know there comes a point where the judicial system is utterly useless. The cost to try a dictator is enormous, the factual proof is rare (hey he RAN the country), and worse yet, the outcome is known long before the trial started. Its saddam FFS. How many thouthands of people did he kill? why are we wasting everyones time with that?
Isnt understood by most all of the human race, that its one of the risks you take when you become a dictator? It pays very well, but the retirement plan sucks
That is the problem they had with Hitler, should he have survived. There was almost nothing with his signature on it. Most operational documents and orders were signed by people 2 - 3 ranks below Hitler.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Jays
Hi All-

~ Blue Jays ~
And to Nevada's eternal shame, Harry Reid. With the majority of Nevada's population being Calif. transplants, Reid can go to the far left and get away with it. I'm sorry I voted for him one time back in the 80s.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 06:51 PM

Hi Dad-

And here I was drinking soothing herbal tea and gargling with lemon juice and honey to prepare for our singing duet!

~ Blue Jays ~
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 07:40 PM

You are right DL. They are simply going to waste millions of dollars on said court case. What you suggested is so simple for then if anyone wants they can nail him & probably will.

Like yesterday some drunk is honking down the wrong lane of one of the few 4-lane roads at a high speed on a black sport car, only a few miles north of her, & piles into a 1/2 ton truck. No on killed or badly injured though both vehicles ---- well you could not tell what make or model they were.

That same day, the drunk being allowed to go home, there is a call for the RCMP as said drunk was badly beaten up in his home & knifed, but not to death.

Good chance it was the owner of the sporty black car the drunk had stolen & good chance the owner pf the sporty black car, being from Alberta, was still around with hope his car would be found. So an example of what many would like to do only it was done. So far the RCMP have not said so, but the media think this could be true. Hope he is not nailed if he was the one to beat up the theift & also put a knife into him.

Last edited by Smitty; 12-07-2005 at 09:03 AM.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Smitty: I'll sedway into my pet peeve using your comments about the drunk driver.

Since 2001 more than 65,000 Americans are dead and 1 million injured due to drunk drivers. No one, and I mean no one ever gets upset about this or wants to do anything about it. We can't eliminate drunk drivers, that is impossible. But many countries, like Finland, have passed draconian laws that reduced drunk driving by 80% or more, like mandatory prison terms, years in some cases, for first time offenders. But to the average person drunk driving is something that happens to others and I know some people who brag about their drinking and driving. I just don't get it. Dead is dead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode