And now: Kid repelant - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

And now: Kid repelant

Quote:
LONDON (Reuters) - A Welsh inventor claims to have found the perfect solution to rowdy youngsters -- noise.

Howard Stapleton says his device, the "Mosquito," emits an uncomfortable high-pitched ultrasonic sound that can be heard by children and teenagers but almost no one over 30.

It has successfully driven away noisy teens from a grocery store in the Welsh town of Barry and a shop in Stapleton's home town Merthyr Tydfil, making smoking, lounging and foul-mouthed youths a thing of the past.

The ability to hear high frequencies deteriorates with age, but some adults might still be able to hear the Mosquito. No one except young troublemakers appears annoyed, however.

"All I'm getting is pats on the back," Stapleton told Reuters. "No bricks thrown at me yet."

He said teenagers he had talked to welcomed the device too, because they used to be intimidated by gangs hanging around the shops.

The Mosquito has turned Stapleton into a media star, with appearances on British TV and radio and interest from as far afield as Australia, the United States and Canada.
Now they just need a portable version you can install on a bike.

Also between this and the human remote control device, our society is heading for some bizzare changes... Look forward to my essay on the death of democracy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 10:36 AM

I am still laughing THOUGH the real answer would be something that would cause the trouble makers to be accidently crapping in their pants--you know the quite dry fart would be a wet one or two. So it would be am embarassed teen ager sneaking home for a quick show & change of clothing & those that do not could be smelled by the non-teen age people as being prospective trouble makers.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
...the real answer would be something that would cause the trouble makers to be accidently crapping in their pants--you know the quite dry fart would be a wet one or two....
I saw an episode of Myth Busters where they were trying to prove / disprove the "Brown Note" myth.

According to the myth, there is a subsonic frequency that will make you lose control of your bowels. The couldn't make it happen though. Shame. It would've been funny to see the guy sh*t his pants.

I'd love to get hold of one of those mosquitoes. Imagine the havoc you could wreak!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 08:00 PM

Oh well at least it was a good thought. I do get these thoughts ever once in a while cookee.

Actually it happend to one crew I had when we were rebuilding this chain link fences for the Fed Govt & he had to hike off smelling of crap & load in his trousers. Took him about an hour to get back. I felt like docking him that hour, for he was a prize pain in the arse, but then thought the shame was enough.

On same job we had a practical joker that was giving everyone a pain & the crew threatened him with shoving the grease gun, loaded & ready for the conctete mixing machine, up his arse if he pulled another stunt. The challenge was to great, for he did & along with my assistant we turned away as they pulled down his pants to shove the grease gun up his crack & empty it. He ran off with pain & quit. When asked what went on I could only say my assistant & self were up farther looking at this damaged fence & any noise we thought was the one of chap's practical jokes again for all I could see was he had probably hiked off again to start on another bing for it was thursday.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
...they pulled down his pants to shove the grease gun up his crack & empty it...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Man, it'd take a whole lot of fibre to unblock THAT bowel!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 04:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by cookeetree
I saw an episode of Myth Busters where they were trying to prove / disprove the "Brown Note" myth.

According to the myth, there is a subsonic frequency that will make you lose control of your bowels. The couldn't make it happen though. Shame. It would've been funny to see the guy sh*t his pants.

I'd love to get hold of one of those mosquitoes. Imagine the havoc you could wreak!
How did they do it? Most people dont take into account that its not just the frequency, but also the amplitude (intensity)

There is a device that will make one very nausious with a low frequency. However it is not a speaker. Its a long tube, with a small torch in the end. The torch pulses on and off, and the sound resonates down the tube. Its like a small engine with a huge streight pipe...

No wonder I find harleys discusting...

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
How did they do it?...

...No wonder I find harleys discusting...
Here's a link to the site of the sound company that assisted them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode