As some of you may already know, I'm getting a house (Yey for me). Anywho, with a house comes a dog right? Well I think so anyway.
The thing is, I hate dogs that are overly friendly. They are predators damn it, not couch pets. I'm not looking for a mean pit bull that will eat the neighbours kids, but I'm also not looking for the sort of dog that runs up to strangers to get petted. I like the "What are you doing in my house? You can stay, but god help you if you make the wrong move toward my human" sort of attitude.
In addition it would be really cool, if it was a BIG dog. Not like lab big, but like saint bernard big.
1. The house does not have a very big back yard. It isnt pittifully small, but its no ranch.
2. It get hot here. Real hot. So long haired dogs are going to be misserable.
Oh, I'm not against an indoor dog.. Just keep of the damn couches.
Anywho is there a bread thats pretty damn big, preferably short haired, and is pretty relaxed, as in doesnt need to run around all over the place?
So far I had a few suggestions
1. German shephard. Those dogs rock. My rents had two, and I loved them. Loyal, to the point, no BS dogs. They can get pretty big too. But there is no way to tell if the puppy I get is going to be huge or not. They are pretty relaxed, and dont seem to mind living indoors, so long as they get regular exercise.. which it will. But its not going to be happy come summer time.. time to get some clippers.
2. Great Dane. Now there is a dog. Never been around too many of them, but they look awsome. I'm told they dont require too much space, so long as they get regular exercise.. Dont know about that.. thats why I'm asking.
3. Labs. Once again, labradors are awsome. Smart, buitifull dogs. Some of them get big, but not all the time.
4. Rhotwhiler (sp?) Also big, scary looking, but very loving and loyal dogs..
So any info, suggestions, things to watch out for? Help me out guys, I know there are a few dog lovers among ya.