I'm Glad I'm Going Down South - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

I'm Glad I'm Going Down South

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

I'm starting to realize how great it is down South. Those are my type of folks, can't wait to get down there for the weather and the GRITS (Girls Raised In The South) as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 12:09 PM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh

Never mind millions and millions of years of hard physical evidence, just have faith that it's all wrong! Only then can you realize the truth. That an invisible man who lives in the sky created us on a whim only a couple thousand years ago.

I've been in numerous parts of the south, and while the belief in creationism is there, so too is the belief in evolution. If you are trying to characterize the entire south as being creationist then you are sadly setting yourself up for disappointment, not to mention insulting a great number of intelligent and rational human beings who don't believe in creationism and happen to live in the south.

Have fun!
Attached Images
File Type: gif ugh2.gif (411 Bytes, 182 views)

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 12:17 PM

Just stay away from the boiled peanut stands

post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Dude, lets not start another debate, even though it sounds like you have become a terrible victim of the evolutionists' propaganda machine. The earth is about 4,000 years old and evolution is only a theory, not fact

Also, dude-the majority of Southerners would have to be creationists in order for them to justify the pulling of a film such as this from IMAX theatres

Check out the cool site below to learn how ridiculous evolution really is. Did you ever wonder why the Public schools never teach the evidence against evolution? All you ever here is the evidence for it. That is simply because the evidence against it is overwhelming.

http://www.drdino.com/index.jsp
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 12:32 PM
S370HSSV 0773H

You claim to not want to start another debate, then proceed to throw barbed comments about me being a victim of of evolutionist propaganda? You religious people absolutely crack me up!!

I haven't been this entertained on here since the days of Julian Solos!!

Look, one small podunk town in South Carolina cancelling a movie on evolution does not equate to the entire south believing in creationism. That you think it does explains a great deal about you though, especially since I doubt you've spent much time there.

I may give your link a look, as I do love a good comedy now and then.

Dude.

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 12:34 PM
S370HSSV 0773H

Out of curiousity, would anyone be opposed to me moving this thread out of the Redline forum? I'd like to see some other site member's views on some of these subjects, and also don't want to see a perfectly good debate closed.

post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 12:39 PM
Some days are like this.

Quote:
Originally posted by GlenF4i
Dude, lets not start another debate, even though it sounds like you have become a terrible victim of the evolutionists' propaganda machine. The earth is about 4,000 years old and evolution is only a theory, not fact
So you are saying creationisim is a fact and evolution is a theory?? Hmmm. Interesting how things like wisdom teeth are slowly fading from the mouths of humans over time (supporting evolution), thousands of creatures are becoming extinct (supporting Darwinism), yet there isn't anything out there that is proof of creationisim. Oh wait, that's because it is faith based, not scientific fact, so it, in effect, is a theory as well.

Oh, and if the world is only 4,000 years old, can you please explain the dinosaurs to me? I'm a little lost.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by spicerke
Oh, and if the world is only 4,000 years old, can you please explain the dinosaurs to me? I'm a little lost.

duh.....thats easy.......just watch Jurrasic Parkid:
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 12:54 PM
S370HSSV 0773H

Thread moved.

post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 01:08 PM
S370HSSV 0773H

Quote:
Originally posted by GlenF4i
You're close, but not quite. Evolution is both fact and theory. This may be hard to follow, because just accepting an answer such as creationsim is the easy thing to do, but it is also the lazy thing to do. Easy answers many times aren't the right ones. Evolution is most certainly a fact. There is so much evidence proving it as fact that it is undeniable, save for those who are bigoted against it (thankfuly though, evolution will take care of those people ). The theory part you refer to is the mechanism of evolution. Darwin proposed natural selection as a possible mechanism, but natural selection is admittedly only a theory. Almost anyone who knows anything about evolution knows, and more importantly accepts this.

Here is another mind-bender for you. "Fact" does not mean "absolute certainty." No such thing exists. In science "fact" can only mean confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional consent. Evolutionists don't claim absolute truths, creationists do. It's ironic though that creationists project this trait onto evolutionists (speaking of which, did you look into the projection thing I linked you to in the other thread?).

Ah, that's it for now. Time to go home. Perhaps we'll continue tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode