would you rather - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 96
would you rather

would you rather slide and crash on a bike @ 160 or lose control of a car @ 160 and roll?

also a kid said
"OK...and my friend who just had to lay his bike down at 30 MPH just completed 9 hours of surgery on his leg."

i responded...
tell the dumb ass to wear gear next time. or learn how to ride and not show off


just wanna hear some feedback.

Last edited by sykal; 10-14-2004 at 07:26 PM.
sykal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 08:31 PM
Registered User
 
Slip-On's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,173
I don't think that either of them are survivable, especially if the car was rolling. If I had to choose which way I would want to die, it would be on the bike because at least I could go out riding and it would most likely be quick and painless at 160MPH

Just the thought makes me shiver.

--There is a wrong way to eat a Reese's, and I will find it.
Slip-On is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Registered User
 
Tippmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,373
Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
I'd have to say bike. You're dead either way. Might as well go out in style.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
Tippmann is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 08:45 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally posted by Slip-On Rapist
...it would be on the bike because at least I could go out riding and it would most likely be quick and painless at 160MPH
not necessarily: a buddy of mine wadded an R1 at 150, and lived to tell about it. He was doing a wheelie, had just clicked into 5th, and looked around the bike to see a corner coming up on the highway. He said he two option: bring the bike down and ram the concrete barrier in the turn as he's bringing down spped going through the corner, or bring it down and jack the brakes as hard as he could. Typical of an R1 after a wheelie, as soon as he set it down it went into a tank slapper, and that was all she wrote. 11 months of physical therapy, and he found out just how much his wife must love him during that time, as he couldn't do ANYTHING for himself....I'll let your imagination run wild on that one. Both legs and right arm broken, fractured hip, severe concussion, and more soft tissue and muscle damage than was thought humanly possible.

But to get back to the question, that's like asking someone: 'if you had to fight, who would you rather get your ass kicked by: Cro-Cop, or Wanderlei Silva (pro mixed martial artists...Ultimate Fighters)? Well, I would rather not have my ass kicked at all, but I guess if it was one or the other.....
wheelie123 is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 08:50 PM
Registered User
 
Slip-On's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,173
Quote:
Originally posted by wheelie123
not necessarily: a buddy of mine wadded an R1 at 150, and lived to tell about it. He was doing a wheelie, had just clicked into 5th, and looked around the bike to see a corner coming up on the highway. He said he two option: bring the bike down and ram the concrete barrier in the turn as he's bringing down spped going through the corner, or bring it down and jack the brakes as hard as he could. Typical of an R1 after a wheelie, as soon as he set it down it went into a tank slapper, and that was all she wrote. 11 months of physical therapy, and he found out just how much his wife must love him during that time, as he couldn't do ANYTHING for himself....I'll let your imagination run wild on that one. Both legs and right arm broken, fractured hip, severe concussion, and more soft tissue and muscle damage than was thought humanly possible.

But to get back to the question, that's like asking someone: 'if you had to fight, who would you rather get your ass kicked by: Cro-Cop, or Wanderlei Silva (pro mixed martial artists...Ultimate Fighters)? Well, I would rather not have my ass kicked at all, but I guess if it was one or the other.....
Wow...that is a hell of a story. Glad he's ok.

As for which MMA? I don't know if he's still around, but I'd have to say Bas Ruten because he's a hell of a nice guy, and since I am only 5'7", he wouldn't have to bring up those long ass legs of his very high to knee me in the face and knock me out.

You guys remember when Frank Shamrock and Bas Ruten fought back in the day and Frank was making faces at him while they were on the ground?

--There is a wrong way to eat a Reese's, and I will find it.
Slip-On is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 06:06 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 5,474
Since I only do those speeds is full race wear then I will take the motorcycle lay down. Guys survive those types of motorcycle accidents fairly regularly. Well probably not quite 160 but close. As long as you don't hit anything you will probably "walk away". This is assuming you are laying the bike down and not doing a tank slapper as mentioned. If you hit anything in the process then it's game over.
RCjohn is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 07:19 AM
Registered User
 
Tippmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,373
Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Quote:
Originally posted by wheelie123
would you rather get your ass kicked by: Cro-Cop, or Wanderlei Silva
I'd say wandi. He's more likely to smack you around then submit you. Cro cop is more like to kick you in the face and give you a concussion. And I've been there, it's not a good feeling.

On a side note, I'd love to fight Genki Sudo. That guy is a hoot to watch.

And I have that pancrase fight on my computer with frank and bas. Bas gave him a spinning bitch slap that split his eye open.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
Tippmann is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome