A few random pics, beware 56k~ - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2004, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

A few random pics, beware 56k~

Heres the racing lawnmower I built. We paced it at 47mph with a 99 pontiac grand prix. It does not look so nice anymore, I rolled it a few times

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2004, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

My Neighbor is bored of his flying school so I get to fly his hours alot

Heres a pic of my complex, I live in the lower right townhome you can see my tan caprice hooptie~

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2004, 07:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
cool. I'd like to learn to fly someday. Nice pics

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2004, 04:26 PM

Did you hop up the stock motor, or drop in something a bit more interesting?? Jimmy G
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

Dropped in a 22hp brigs intek from a tractor we repoed.

I rigged up a Variable ratio drive using parts from an old spar mill.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 05:52 AM

GOOD STUFF!!!!! That's a GREAT engine...I have one on my lawnmower...6 hp....That variable pulley conversion sounds cool!!!
Just like a snowmobile? Are you an OPE guy or just do that stuff for fun? I'm 3 tests away from being certified in small engines and outdoor power equipment....VERY cool stuff!!!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I am OPE also ASE master certified in auto and diesel, have my HVAC liscense and am also fluidpower certified. I had my own mobile OPE business for a few years and did alot of Field service on Hydraulic equipment and servosystems.

I have no idea about snowmobile drives though, never even sat on one before. The drive system that I got working used V-belts and variable pulleys just like on any lathe or older cnc mill.

It worked great once you got used to it.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 12:11 PM

WAAAY COOL!!!! yeah snow mobiles use the variable pully setup.
(At least the older ones) I just like working on ANYTHING with a motor!!Been a computer guy for 12 plus years and need a new hobby....Been wrenching as long as I've been driving...Not looking to get rich, just would like an alternate way to make some side money.. :-) Jimmy G
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmyjr
WAAAY COOL!!!! yeah snow mobiles use the variable pully setup.
(At least the older ones) I just like working on ANYTHING with a motor!!Been a computer guy for 12 plus years and need a new hobby....Been wrenching as long as I've been driving...Not looking to get rich, just would like an alternate way to make some side money.. :-) Jimmy G
Naw, sleds (all basically) use variable geometry clutches/pulleys, not quite what I think he's saying.

Cool lawnmower, I have the EXACT same one. Stock though and it's a Noma (diffrent badge, same machine).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode