Fahrenheit 9/11... See it. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Fahrenheit 9/11... See it.

Note: I am not a Democrat or Republican, I hate politics but realize that it is the way this country works, I am not expressing any views what-so-ever in any of the following topics. If you are a strong left, right, center, whatever, keep your opinions to yourself because I do not want this thread to turn into a huge battle, I merely want to inform everyone of this film. Thanks.

www.fahrenheit911.com

Hopefully all of you have heard about this documentary which is set to hit theaters nationwide this Friday, the 25th of June 2004. If you have ever seen Bowling for Columbine you will know what you are in for. If you haven't I suggest to go rent it.

Yes this is an anti-war movie, yes it is anti - Bush, and yes, it is all based on fact (this issue has been brought up in such publications as Newsweek, in which their claims were all refuted with documented research from the government). I'm not going to be the one to defend this movie; yes I am glad someone is finally stepping up with the balls to speak out on issues that have been brushed under the rug on a topic that is very close to the public's "heart" but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However, I think it is important for everyone who considers themselves to be an "American" to see this film, and especially if you are an American with an opinion. If you are an individual who is anti-bush/war you will obviously be pleasantly entertained and outraged. If you are a pro-bush/war activist, yes you will be unpleasantly entertained and outraged. If you are a fence sitter, well, maybe this will throw you over to one side or another. Either way, it is better to have an informed opinion than an uninformed one.

To be a hipocrit... It is MY opinion that the majority of the American Public (including myself) is in the dark regarding 90% of "what goes on" with this government. I feel that anyone who has ever complained about the government should do more than complain, they should get informed. We all ride motorcycles (or would like to, or have at one point), and therefore we all realize (or I should hope we realize) the importance of informed decision making. I can guarentee you that you will not walk away from that theatre unmoved... what you do after you leave is up to you. Do everyone a favor, go see it... thank yourself (or hate yourself) later.

Last edited by Kyle; 06-23-2004 at 10:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 10:27 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Thumbs down

In keeping with your request to keep political opinions out of this, I'll just say that I know enough about Michael Moore to not be interested in this film at all, and that doesn't make me less of an American.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

The above is a PERFECT example of the type of reply I was looking for... thanks Spicersh

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 10:54 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle
The above is a PERFECT example of the type of reply I was looking for... thanks Spicersh

Care to explain Mr. Holier-Than-Thou?

All I meant by my post was that I've seen enough of his "facts" debunked to realize what he is: a political satirist, not a maker of factual documentries. I believe he has every right to voice his opinions and I don't care one way or another who shows the film or who sees the film. If this labels me a "right-wing" or "un-American" in your view, then so be it.

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Haha... its just not too often someone actually follows a request like that. If you want I could edit the post to a more sbw friendly version, something like, "thanks a**hole for not spewing your political garbage here"
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 11:01 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Oh I have no doubt that people will chime in with political opinions, and I have a pretty good idea of who they will be, but I just wasn't gonna be the one to start it.

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 02:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Ok...

Politics is my thing and I have truely stayed out of EVERY political thread in SBW. I have not seen it this movie, however, I intend to. This is the kind of movie that compel people talk politics and policies. I feel I need to defend against all these ill-informed viewers that I will run into. I can see it now, anyone with a voice will opinionate this movie and it is the end all be all for them regarding politics. I hate getting into debates with people who are unqualified to talk this stuff. They are playing in the big leagues with minor league experience. Michael Moore knows this, sees this, and exploits this. He gets a rise out of it.

As for kyle...how do you expect people not to respond in a non-political sort of way. This is a very controversial topic! I did my best to graze in my opinion. I say, to all that read this...bring it! Let's hear your opinions, after all Kyle, that seems to be what you want in your own Michael Moore way.

God Bless this country, the United States of America, that allows me, and everyone in it, the freedoms to do what we want, when we want to do it. As part of it, we have to put up with all views on politics, religion, and the like. And each segment of controversey has fact as a foundation as to why their way is the right way. Shit, I'll shut up now....I need to stop grazing and drill down deeper. But if that were the case, this post would be longer than my dissertation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Ah the hell with it... bring on the political banter.

After re-readinmg my post I do come across as being a Michael Moore supporter, and its not that I support all of his views or political ideals, I just like the fact that someone is actually doing something that the general public can appreciatte or understand. Whether his facts are true or not it gives people something to think about because honestly, the majority of people don't think, I know sitting at my dinner table at night Im scared to think that my dad has the ability to vote. Anyway, I'm trying my hardest to not get myself involved in politics, I leave in 2 months and after that politics will be one of the last things on my mind, but its hard to just sit back and not get involved....
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 03:34 PM

This thread would be more interesting if you two had already seen the movie, and were debating what was on screen..........hey, maybe you two could go together!
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle
Ah the hell with it... bring on the political banter.

After re-readinmg my post I do come across as being a Michael Moore supporter, and its not that I support all of his views or political ideals.
Anyway, I'm trying my hardest to not get myself involved in politics, but its hard to just sit back and not get involved....
Well that's just what I need, an invitation to brandish my political banter .

Spicerish knew I probably couldn't resist but you stole all my steam when you reposted a caveat about your views on Michael Moore.
This movie is a far cry from falling in the genre of a documentry. He clearly has an agenda and he wouldn't let the truth get in the way of foisting that agenda upon the American public. His goal was to bash the Bush Administration and he has a venue to do that.
You're right though in that watching the movie could generate discussions, probably heated discussions between the two different point of views. Thank goodness this country allows everyone to have an opinion. Hopefully people will see through the BS of Mr. Moore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode