Fight Night Report: Day 1 - The Journey Begins (attention Tippmann!) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Fight Night Report: Day 1 - The Journey Begins (attention Tippmann!)

I had my first workout with my Muay Thai trainer today, did a lot of huffing and puffing, damn I'm out of shape. Started the workout by jumping rope for 8 rounds until my calves burned, did a few hundred crunches and pushups during the "rest" period between rounds, damn I'm out of shape. I got in the ring and worked the pads for about 5/6 rounds...threw some hands and body kicks, power and speed are good, just need to polish up my footwork. When all was said and done, about 2 hours after I started, I was totally spent. Day 1 is in the books and the journey has officially begun. Brian, I hope you're training hard 'cause I must break you! January 8th is coming up quick and I can't wait for it!

Last edited by slaintedan; 05-22-2004 at 01:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 02:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Re: Fight Night Report: Day 1 - The Journey Begins (attention Tippmann!)

Quote:
Originally posted by slaintedan
I had my first workout with my Muay Thai trainer today, did a lot of huffing and puffing, damn I'm out of shape. Started the workout by jumping rope for 8 rounds until my calves burned, did a few hundred crunches and pushups during the "rest" period between rounds, damn I'm out of shape. I got in the ring and worked the pads for about 5/6 rounds...threw some hands and body kicks, power and speed are good, just need to polish up my footwork. When all was said and done, about 2 hours after I started, I was totally spent. Day 1 is in the books and the journey has officially begun. Brian, I hope you're training hard 'cause I must break you! January 8th is coming up quick and I can't wait for it!
I take it the 8th is the official day?

We'll i've missed a lot around here lately, and can only get on a computer once in a while for the next week or so. Here's how it's going for me.

I was trying to gain weight for about 3 months, so all i did was eat. I did no cardio and put on about 20 pounds(although i'm still skinny). So then i start MT classes and it's nothing but cardio. I thought i was going to die. The "warm up" is to jump rope for like 5 minutes, crunches for a minute, shadow box for 5 minutes, crunches for a minute, shadow box for 5 minutes. After that, i wasn't warmed up, i was ready to quit.

Then I started my boxing classes, and the instructor decided it was time for contact. So he paired us off in 2's. We put our gloves on our faces and took turns punching each other with a jab then a right cross. By the end of that I was soooooo tired, and I had a headache. So I was on my way home from class on the turnpike, when I realized i had to puke. So i pulled over onto the emergency pull off spot, took my helmet off, and threw up over the guard rail. While i was doing that, a cop pulled up to make sure i wasn't drunk. I told him my tale, and he let me on my merry way.

I already paid for the month, so I'll stick with it and see if I like it or not. It's pretty cool, and everyone tells me not to get discouraged, but i don't know. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Fight Night Report: Day 1 - The Journey Begins (attention Tippmann!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Tippmann
I take it the 8th is the official day?

We'll i've missed a lot around here lately, and can only get on a computer once in a while for the next week or so. Here's how it's going for me.

I was trying to gain weight for about 3 months, so all i did was eat. I did no cardio and put on about 20 pounds(although i'm still skinny). So then i start MT classes and it's nothing but cardio. I thought i was going to die. The "warm up" is to jump rope for like 5 minutes, crunches for a minute, shadow box for 5 minutes, crunches for a minute, shadow box for 5 minutes. After that, i wasn't warmed up, i was ready to quit.

Then I started my boxing classes, and the instructor decided it was time for contact. So he paired us off in 2's. We put our gloves on our faces and took turns punching each other with a jab then a right cross. By the end of that I was soooooo tired, and I had a headache. So I was on my way home from class on the turnpike, when I realized i had to puke. So i pulled over onto the emergency pull off spot, took my helmet off, and threw up over the guard rail. While i was doing that, a cop pulled up to make sure i wasn't drunk. I told him my tale, and he let me on my merry way.

I already paid for the month, so I'll stick with it and see if I like it or not. It's pretty cool, and everyone tells me not to get discouraged, but i don't know. We'll see.
Yup, Saturday, January 8th, 2005 is the date!

The cardio aspect of MT training is the one thing I completely forgot about (or repressed ). My body, though I'm in fairly good shape, wasn't prepared for what my MT trainer demanded from it today. It's funny how humbling it is to be a young guy in good shape and get your ass kicked by jumping rope! After jumping rope I did 30 seconds of MT squats (squating in a fighting stance and jumping up, switching feet, and squating again in the opposite fighting stance, over and over again) and I almost puked. It was about 4 weeks ago that I puked at the end of a hard Tae Kwon Do training session...puked a lot! It's just one of those things that happens when you're getting into shape...gotta get the fat outta your body and head somehow, right? I laugh when I feel sick during a workout 'cause I know that soon, very soon, I'll be in great shape and the sickness will be a distant memory. As a training partner of mine says, "If you're not puking you're not really training."

Don't worry about the contact. As long as you're not getting injured by it you'll learn from it. It's part of the sport and soon you'll get used to it. I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks when my trainer's gonna start hitting back...he hits like a f**king freight train! The way I've always looked at it is that if I get hit I deserved it 'cause if I was doing my job properly I wouldn't get hit, right? Besides, you have to train at the same level you'll compete at or you won't be ready for the fight. Just keep your head up, chin down, and ask as many questions as you can...you're there to learn, right?!

BTW, everybody's right, don't get discouraged. The difference between you and the countless people who don't accomplish their goals in life is your ability to work through the pain, past the adversity, and keep your eye on the prize. Everybody, regardless of their goal, faces obstacles at some point, not everybody can step up when the pressure's on. You'll get through this and you'll remember how good it felt to do so! And if you have to puke a few times along the way, so what!?

Last edited by slaintedan; 05-22-2004 at 03:31 PM.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 03:54 PM

Re: Re: Re: Fight Night Report: Day 1 - The Journey Begins (attention Tippmann!)

Quote:
Yup, Saturday, January 8th, 2005 is the date!

The cardio aspect of MT training is the one thing I completely forgot about (or repressed ). My body, though I'm in fairly good shape, wasn't prepared for what my MT trainer demanded from it today. It's funny how humbling it is to be a young guy in good shape and get your ass kicked by jumping rope! After jumping rope I did 30 seconds of MT squats (squating in a fighting stance and jumping up, switching feet, and squating again in the opposite fighting stance, over and over again) and I almost puked. It was about 4 weeks ago that I puked at the end of a hard Tae Kwon Do training session...puked a lot! It's just one of those things that happens when you're getting into shape...gotta get the fat outta your body and head somehow, right? I laugh when I feel sick during a workout 'cause I know that soon, very soon, I'll be in great shape and the sickness will be a distant memory. As a training partner of mine says, "If you're not puking you're not really training."

Don't worry about the contact. As long as you're not getting injured by it you'll learn from it. It's part of the sport and soon you'll get used to it. I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks when my trainer's gonna start hitting back...he hits like a f**king freight train! The way I've always looked at it is that if I get hit I deserved it 'cause if I was doing my job properly I wouldn't get hit, right? Besides, you have to train at the same level you'll compete at or you won't be ready for the fight. Just keep your head up, chin down, and ask as many questions as you can...you're there to learn, right?!

BTW, everybody's right, don't get discouraged. The difference between you and the countless people who don't accomplish their goals in life is your ability to work through the pain, past the adversity, and keep your eye on the prize. Everybody, regardless of their goal, faces obstacles at some point, not everybody can step up when the pressure's on. You'll get through this and you'll remember how good it felt to do so! And if you have to puke a few times along the way, so what!?

Spoken like a true fighter that has been training for many years.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fight Night Report: Day 1 - The Journey Begins (attention Tippmann!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninja250F18
Spoken like a true fighter that has been training for many years.
Thank you, sir!
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 06:09 AM

i drank a six pack and ate a pizza while i read this post and boy am i tired. i'd suck if i actually had to get up and do something.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 06:15 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by monkey
i drank a six pack and ate a pizza while i read this post and boy am i tired. i'd suck if i actually had to get up and do something.
But did you puke? 'Cause if not, you're not really training.

Way to go Tippy and Dan, can't wait to see the two of you pummel each other in a few months.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by spicersh
But did you puke? 'Cause if not, you're not really training.
Dick!

Quote:
Way to go Tippy and Dan, can't wait to see the two of you pummel each other in a few months.

It's gonna be a lot of fun, I'm sure! Brian and I will be sharing many beers that night...gotta dull the pain somehow, right?

BTW, stay tuned for the official banner/press release for the first ever "Sportbikes.com Fight Night!" Mike and I have been working our tails off to promote this event and it's shaping up to be awesome! It will be advertised on every one of Mike's motorcycle websites, which means that over 40,000 registered members will see it. It will also be advertised throughout the national Muay Thai community as well as on the USKBA's website. We're going to work w/ several motorcycle industry companies to bring them onboard to offer prizes to the fighters in the form of accessories and such (amateur fighters can't receive money, but they can receive "fabulous prizes" ). It's gonna be a great event!!!
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 07:31 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
It's gonna be a lot of fun, I'm sure! Brian and I will be sharing many beers that night...gotta dull the pain somehow, right?
I wanna see a pre-drinking fight and a post-drinking fight between you and Tippy.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I wanna see a pre-drinking fight and a post-drinking fight between you and Tippy.
Well, you'll definitely see the pre-drinking fight, that's guaranteed, but a post-drinking fight may not happen. However, if Katie is willing to put on a bikini and oil/mud/jello wrestle Eunice I would consider a drunken match.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode