We can't blame the President! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

We can't blame the President!

Being that we live in a democracy and 65% of the USA saw a correlation in the terrorist of 9/11 and Saddam Hussein. The blame has to fall on them all of it. If we weren't so easily willing to go to war for speculation and flawed politically motivated intel we would still be a respected country that kept in its pockets the best allies in the world. Every country in the world not all the politicians but the people of the world despise us and what we have done in Iraq. The abuse of the Iraqi prisoners is just icing on the cake but to blame the soldiers is wrong when you are at war and you are a soldier their is always someone watching what you are doing its not that simple to say hey this Sergeant and sodliers did it. Alot of people will go down for this one, but the real thing is that if you were in Iraq you better hope that you don't get captured because the Iraqs will not be as nice. But thats war it looks bad, but what did everyone expect? The Iraqi people to great a western christian army with roses after we bombed the living shit out of them for over 10 years. I don't know what is going on in the minds of these fellow Americans but it sure is scary. Now we are putting Saddam Hussein's x-generals in charge WTF people. We can't even take care of our own country how the hell are we supposed to run another country with the smallest army that we have ever deployed to a war zone. Everything that our fathers have worked for during and after the world wars could be lost due to this shit. Thank you!(if you supported this war)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 10:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Re: We can't blame the President!

I don't thing 65% of the public would have thought there was this correlation if the president wouldn't have told them over and over again that there was.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Re: Re: We can't blame the President!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tippmann
I don't thing 65% of the public would have thought there was this correlation if the president wouldn't have told them over and over again that there was.
So you are saying the country is composed of 65% lemmings

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Strength and Honor

Re: Re: Re: We can't blame the President!

Quote:
Originally posted by falconeight
So you are saying the country is composed of 65% lemmings
I agree with Tippy. I watched every minute of Colin Powell's presentation to the UN. Not one shred of it was fact, but at the time it was presented that way, and it caused me to get off the "fence" and support the attack. The likely cause (IMHO, only) of intelligence blunders here is that the President didn't believe you needed corroborated intelligence evidence to invade a country.

I, and I believe the vast majority of Americans, do. He screwed up, and I, for one, don't think he's learned anything from it.

I don't support the war or Saddam's expulsion, in retrospect. I do support our troops who have to carry the burden of political incompetence.

In a nutshell, "the buck stop there" is the right phrase. He started this, based on unconfirmed evidence, and now unproven evidence, and amazingly he's not paying a price. So, yeah, Americans are lemmings. They want the 3 second version, with no interest in whether that's enough information or not.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 11:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
You guys realize bush is going to be president for another 4 years right.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 11:17 AM

Falconeight,
I think you're just angry cause you signed up hoping to get a free college education , and unfortunately entered the "eat a bullet lottery". I wished I could've served. :-( I find it disgraceful , that a service"person" (man would be too strong of a word) could hold your views. There's a lot of places that many Americans felt that we shouldn't have been. Korea ,Vietnam, Granada j/k .Should we not have liberated the Jews in WWII? What was in it for us??
BTW, anyone with a brain larger than a pea, KNOWS the WMD's and crap were moved into Syria before the war... Jimmy G
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 11:19 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by Tippmann
You guys realize bush is going to be president for another 4 years right.
I have a feeling you're right. I am still undecided as to who I will vote for. If
this thread is any indication though, GW will be around for 4 more.

I'm not trying to start anything but I want to share an observation I've noticed on here lately. With a number of political threads popping up in the recent months, I've noticed a very vocal anti-Bush crowd on here. Yet for some reason in the poll he is way ahead. I have my theory about this, but would like to see what others had to say.

Perhaps we should start another poll narrowing the choices down to just Bush and Kerry since those are the only two now? I don't know if this will change the numbers or not though. I actually voted for Dad in that poll, and if I had to choose right here and now I'd say Bush. We'll see come November though as I do like some of the things Kerry has to say as well.

Anyway, any thoughts about my above observation on there being so much anti-Bush talk but yet he is far ahead of the others in the poll?

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 11:23 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmyjr
Falconeight,
I think you're just angry cause you signed up hoping to get a free college education , and unfortunately entered the "eat a bullet lottery". I wished I could've served. :-( I find it disgraceful , that a service"person" (man would be too strong of a word) could hold your views. There's a lot of places that many Americans felt that we shouldn't have been. Korea ,Vietnam, Granada j/k .Should we not have liberated the Jews in WWII? What was in it for us??
BTW, anyone with a brain larger than a pea, KNOWS the WMD's and crap were moved into Syria before the war... Jimmy G
Before there are any more replies like this, on either side of the issue, let me warn everyone to keep this civil. This is the only warning we're getting. We've had some good political threads here, so let's keep with that trend and not turn this into a thread bashing each other.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 11:24 AM

Even if Bush was a total moron, I STILL wouldn't vote for Kerry. He's SOOO full of crap....He came thru PA a month ago and promised to make a million new jobs....My questions is ...Out of what???very Clintonesque in his promises. Tell the people exactly what they want to hear....Besides, we can't have anyone who looks like Herman Munster running the country....I'll take Curious george over Herman Munster ANY DAY!!!!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 01:02 PM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by spicersh
Perhaps we should start another poll narrowing the choices down to just Bush and Kerry since those are the only two now?
To me, the reason Kerry's doing so poorly is he appears to be an extremist of the left variety. Bush is an extremist of the right variety. If the Demo's had any brains, they'd have selected someone more middle of the road, but they didn't, and now they'll lose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode