Iraq is going to get very Bloody!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Iraq is going to get very Bloody!!

I don't know who on the forum has or is serving in the military. When we train(Army) sometimes we are forced to fight in a urban environment and fighting in a city can get very ugly. Here is a example one time we went into a city with about 6 bulidings with a Cavalry Squadron(about 1000 soldiers) and were defeated before one soldier could enter the city by 20 soldiers with machine guns and some Anti-tank weapons. Iraq is a country of 15 million and the only way to defeat a city is to destroy large amounts of it if not all of it. We are trying to peace keep for the same people we are fighting so we will never level one of their cities. These thugs in the cities are digging in right now and prepearing for a fight. Hopefully we can talk them into giving up. If not hundreds if not thousands of soldiers will be killed trying to take the countries cities. Also the marines a very good fighting force are not trained to peace keep being nice is not their thing and the attitude of the marines will destroy relations with the locals. Not that I have a problem with the Marines I think they are awesome at what they do and are a very proud branch of service but peacekeeping is just not intheir blood neither is occupying a country. This war could be lost it has happened before and it could happen again. A Muslim country will never be so-called pacified or helped out successfully by a Christian country it would show weakness and all muslim countries will make sure that we are not a success in one of their countries. It might not happen but if you are a gambler don't bet against it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 04:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
If we go into the cities a lot of people are going to die. And when they hide inside hospitals and mosques, we can't shoot back. It's going to get ugly.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Dad

We, of course, knew this all along. GW's depth of knowledge in foreign affairs is exceeded only by his knowledge of domestic policy and respect for the Amurican people. And I mean that sincerely and literally.

He's waiting for the right opportunity to unveil his Iraqi tax cut plan.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tippmann
If we go into the cities a lot of people are going to die. And when they hide inside hospitals and mosques, we can't shoot back. It's going to get ugly.

No Shit! But what makes you think that we'll take the beatting, the only thing thats limiting us is the R.O.E. , remember its not a full blown war now.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

The R.O.E. is their because we are trying to help these people not kill them. And that is an even bigger reason why alot of troops will die.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by falconeight
The R.O.E. is their because we are trying to help these people not kill them. And that is an even bigger reason why alot of troops will die.

Isnt that what i said, but you can still shoot first!!
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 07:56 PM

falcon whats your MOS
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tippmann
If we go into the cities a lot of people are going to die. And when they hide inside hospitals and mosques, we can't shoot back.
The army may not shoot back but us Marines do. Doesnt matter where the fire comes from, they fire back. Thats why there's an Iraqi mosque with a new air conditioning system.
Is that a good thing? Maybe yes, maybe no. In the short run thats less 'insurgents' to deal with and it makes them think twice about messing with us, at least not without proper planning and coordination (ask the somali's. After the first few fights they avoided messing with the 'black boots'(Marines) at all costs because messing with them tended to be a fatal experience) In the long run it creates popular opinion for the 'insurgents' making their mission easier.
The next 3 months will determine if the US will succeed or fail in its occupation. Just watch the resistance. If they are still very active in 3 months, we're done for over there.
I believe that this is not another Vietnam, the circumstances are far different, instead it is our version of the Gaza strip.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 04:36 AM Thread Starter

Im a 19D Scout but why should my MOS matter. Marines and Army are shooting first which is making the mission harder(the R.O.E. only lets you shoot first when threatened in order to win in a M.O.U.N.T. environment their can't be rules everything must die). It was easy take Saddam out of power he is out of power so thats it. Now we are trying to turn a middle eastern country into a democracy. Never gonna happen. I don't wanna get into a pissing contest with the Marines so I will leave it at this the Marines are good at what they do. We have accomplished one great thing in Iraq. And that is Uniting the Sunni and Shi'a for the first time in decades. We have found that Iraqi soldiers have a RPG that has a new warhead that can penetrate our armor, and that the entire muslim community as well as most of the rest of the free world is waiting to see us fail on this mission. I can say that If I was in Iraq right now I would be destroying everything that threatened me but that would only make my life easier but would not help accomplish the mission that The United States is trying to accomplish.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 05:39 AM

Re: Iraq is going to get very Bloody!!

Quote:
Originally posted by falconeight
Here is a example one time we went into a city with about 6 bulidings with a Cavalry Squadron(about 1000 soldiers) and were defeated before one soldier could enter the city by 20 soldiers with machine guns and some Anti-tank weapons.
i'm sorry but this doesn't say much about your training. what'd you do, walk right down the middle of a highway? did you all try to enter the city by the same road?

if it was a training session, it must have been 20 marines defending the city.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode