Finally made some progress. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Finally made some progress.

I've been at a standstill with the rebuilding of my yz250. Couldn't get the primary drive gear nut off. Tried all kinds of setups with no luck. I finally built a jig to hold the motor on it's side and used a cheater to get more leverage. BAM! It came loose. This has been driving me nuts for a few months now.
Now I get to see what my next snag is. Hopefully it'll just be the standard B.S. Can't wait to use the crank separator tool, also. It was sucking oil and it wasn't the rings. Crank seal was bad. Everything is in perfect working order. At least it was when I took it all apart. ;-) HAHAHAHA.
I just want to ass it up on a totally rebuilt 250. I've been without for a whole season. They're building this HUGE overpass by my house and it'd be a friggin sin not to tear it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 07:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Re: Finally made some progress.

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmyjr
They're building this HUGE overpass by my house and it'd be a friggin sin not to tear it up.
Ha ha, good luck. Nothing ever goes smooth, there are always snags that hold you up. Good luck

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Just to validate your reply.."nothing ever goes smoothly"...
I split the case, but chipped a tooth off of my shift cam. OUCH, there goes a hundred bux!!!! ;-)...the adapter for my crank insertion tool was the wrong size on the crank end. (wrong thread size)
The GOOD news is, I went to a local machine shop and was able to have a new custom adapter made for 60bux...same price as the factory original which they DON'T make anymore!

So it looks like I can FINALLY send the top end out for boring and sizing for rings..woo hoo!!
THEN.....
As soon as my shift cam comes in, I'll be able to put this bad boy back together.
Maybe, I'll even get to ride it...HAHHAAHHAHA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode