Hey consumer, ever have a GOOD experience you'd like to share? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Question Hey consumer, ever have a GOOD experience you'd like to share?

With so many stories on the internet lately about bad business transactions committed by motorcycle-related companies it would be nice to hear about the positive experiences and good transactions you've all experienced. Post 'em if you got 'em.

Not long ago, I bought some gear from Vetesnik (sp?) Powersports in Wisconsin. I had the pleasure of working with a man named "Will" who was not only very knowledgeable, but also extremely honest and pleasant to work with. Not only did I get all the gear I wanted, right colors and sizes, but I got everything for a great price and they were in constant contact with me and tracked the package every day for me. Shipping only took about 3 days, but they never failed to inform me every step of the way and actually called me (as the UPS man was standing at my door) to tell me that the package should be delivered at "any moment." Awesome service, great salesman...a true gentleman and a great shop. I'd STRONGLY suggest that anybody needing gear or a new bike call Will at 800-752-2556.

I wish I could say that the bike dealers I've visited in the New York/Tri-State area are as friendly and helpful, but...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 09:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
I burnt up a motherboard from egghead.com, and they sent me a new one, no questions asked. Thats all i got

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 09:22 PM

Hey I bought a motherboard from egghead last summer! They gave me a call and prompt delivery

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 10:41 PM

No, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

OHH! Thank you, thank you....I'm here all week folks.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for sharing you experiences with egghead.com, guys! By the way, in case you missed it, this is a motorcycle website...maybe you had a motorcycle-related shopping experience you'd like to share.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 11:08 PM

Sorry: it's 2 am and even my dog is getting aggravated with my boredom. Funny thing is that I'm supposed to be cool when he gets bored and starts to whine for no reason or just sits next to me in my office and stares at me until I acknowledge his annoying presence (kind of like a silent version of Jim Carrey's "What the most annoying sound in the world?" in Dumb and Dumber).....hmmm. He's looking at me right now as if to say 'come screw with me now and I whine to go out at 6 am'.

Yeah, I've had a lot of good motorcycle shopping experiences. I do a lot of stuff with Parts411 and Motorcycle Accessories Warehouse. Occasionally with Dennis Kirk, but Parts411 has been great. They get my stuff to me within a week and their customer service has always been great.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 11:27 PM

well i needed a new rear tyre for saturday at 11 and it was friday at 4 pm so i called a local m/c shop and told them i needed a new rear tyre and needed it installed before noon on sat...they said bring it to us just the tire and rim and well put it on before 11....
they charged me 125 for the D208 and 12.50 to mount and balance and dispose of the old one. i think i made a good deal
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AudioSolstice
well i needed a new rear tyre for saturday at 11 and it was friday at 4 pm so i called a local m/c shop and told them i needed a new rear tyre and needed it installed before noon on sat...they said bring it to us just the tire and rim and well put it on before 11....
they charged me 125 for the D208 and 12.50 to mount and balance and dispose of the old one. i think i made a good deal
For your time frame price really wasn't an option, though. You probably would have paid full price because of necessity.

I don't know what size you needed, but $125 didn't sound bad until I checked Parts411's prices on D208's: a tire that retails for $156 was on sale with them for $84!! Damn they have good prices.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wheelie123
For your time frame price really wasn't an option, though. You probably would have paid full price because of necessity.

I don't know what size you needed, but $125 didn't sound bad until I checked Parts411's prices on D208's: a tire that retails for $156 was on sale with them for $84!! Damn they have good prices.
it was a 170/60 r17 d208....
damn that is cheap i think i know where im getting my new front from
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AudioSolstice
it was a 170/60 r17 d208....
damn that is cheap i think i know where im getting my new front from
Their price for that tire is $102.90, but after tax and shipping, $125 isn't so bad. Whoever you have in your town is cutting some pretty good deals, as most bike shops charge close to retail. You'll probably still save $10 and if you drink beer, you know what those 10 bucks will buy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode