9 Americans, including 4 civilians, killed in Iraq - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

9 Americans, including 4 civilians, killed in Iraq

This is the shit that really gets my blood boiling. We(Americans) think that other countries want and need are help. They don't care and they don't want our help. Saddam was a animal because that is what him and his fellow country men respect. Democracy will never work in Iraq, We need to start taking care of our own country before we go help out countries that we bombed and starved into the stone age. For once we need to place the priority at home were it belongs. I know it doesn't get headlines but it is the right thing to do. I don't care by who Republican or Democrat just stop with this international police crap.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4551230/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 02:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Chanting “Fallujah is the graveyard of Americans,” residents cheered after the grisly assault on two four-wheel-drive civilian vehicles, which left both in flames. Others chanted, “We sacrifice our blood and souls for Islam

“There is small core element that doesn’t seem to get it,” he said. “... They are desperate to turn back the hands of time and that just isn’t gong to happen.”

Thank god they want us to help them over there, or this shit would really get ugly.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

I think it really nice that you have a positive attitude about the Iraqi occupation. I do know that it is not that easy though Iraq is a very complicated country. Iraq has two large tribes the sunni and the Sh´ia both that want power of the country. The Sunni(Saddam's people) are the ones killing Americans and the SH'ia are on our side as long as they have the upper hand in the country but both really don't care if Americans are killed. The religious leaders of that country teach their people that America and the west is evil and that is enough for them to act out against us. We are being used by that country and our own government.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by falconeight
I think it really nice that you have a positive attitude about the Iraqi occupation.
I'm sorry, I should have posted it like this.

Thank god they want us to help them over there, or this shit would really get ugly.

Note the rolleyes to indicate it is dripping with sarcasm. I believe 100% that we should not be over there. And I for one can not see what we think we will gain from it.

Quote:
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 02:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Tippmann
I'm sorry, I should have posted it like this.

Note the rolleyes to indicate it is dripping with sarcasm. I believe 100% that we should not be over there. And I for one can not see what we think we will gain from it.
OOPS aint I the idiot! Ever feel like your not the brightest apple?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 08:56 AM

though the news is disheartening, where is it written that casulties won't happen during wartime?

not all of them wanted us there to begin with.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 10:02 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by monkey
though the news is disheartening, where is it written that casulties won't happen during wartime?

It was no secret that not everyone there welcomed us. Why should we expect the attitude of those who were loyal to Saddam or who just plain hate Americans to change?

If we don't need to police the world, then who will? Nobody? Great idea....let chaos run rampant. I'm not saying we've never overstepped our bounds, but somebody needs to throttle back countries who are gross violators of human rights. The system isn't perfect, that's for damn sure, but you can't simply let atrocities go on. Just my opinion anyway. I'm sure it'll draw plenty of bitc...I mean, criticism. Fire away!

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by monkey

Its not war its peace keeping and these are the people we are helping.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 02:09 PM

I admit that troops being killed isnt a good thing, but in other wars there have been single days with more casualties then in all the time in Iraq. Also we should be watching out for our own good.
We should be going to mid eastern countries who knowingly harbor terrorist and tell them that if they do not kick them out and get rid of them, then they will be attacked either physically, econimically or both.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 12:19 PM

I didn't know what thread to put this in, but this one seems good enough.
We've been talking in here about whether we feel our troops should be over in Iraq fighting and dying in a shithole of a country that has no concrete ties to terrorism. We haven't found anything that shows they were building WMD's, or that they were really trying to. Everyone has their own opinion, which is understandable. I personally don't feel that we should be there, and I feel bad for the troops. Then today, 2 of my good friends came up to me and said they were called back up, and were going to Iraq when this semester is up. Both of these guys are in the same unit, and are about 25 years old. Both have 1 more year of college before they graduate. And now both are going to a place where they might be killed at any time, by anyone. A kid carrying a back pack, a woman pretending to be pregnant, or just a crazy fuck ramming a barricade with a car full of C4. I don't know how many of you know people know soldiers over there, or how many of you have actual friends there. This news hit me like a kick in the stomach. Two good friends of mine that I may never see again. We spent some time at the bar talking, and I couldn't get either one to trash the president. Both just said that they couldn't believe they were going to fight this "political war". I know you guys are going to rip this up with stuff like "if they didn't want to go they shouldn't have joined the marines", and shit like that. But it's so much fucking harder to get a grip on when you realize you may never see your friends again. No more riding the mountain with Nick, no more of Scott teaching me how to dislocate someone’s shoulder in a fight, not seeing them walk across the stage with me next spring at graduation.

Sorry, just needed to vent.

Quote:
WARNING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode