I realize this site is dedicated to sportbikes, hence the name "Sportbike World", but I'm in the market for a new dirtbike and I figured this would be the best place to post my question.
I currently own two bikes - my 7R and an older 125cc motocrosser (a Kawi of course). Anyways, I spend most of my time on the 7R.........and I'm starting to miss riding in the dirt (I use to have an 80cc trail bike when I was younger).
I haven't really narrowed down my choices yet, but I have some specifications:
- must be a 4-stroke
- must be at least 400cc (debatable)
- preferably a bike with a suspension system designed for tougher off-road trails
- not worried about being street-legal (I have a trailer)
- must have a powerful, torquey engine
- not worried about seat height
- larger gas tank would be nice, but not needed
I'm considering models from the big four (excluding Kawasaki
) and KTM.
[This message has been edited by Spitfire (edited August 21, 2000).]