This membership sucks.... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-25-2000, 11:11 AM
cheetos

Thumbs up

It sucks that we all live so damn far apart. I can just imagine the good time that could be had if we were together riding, conversing and butt grabbing(with group hug of course). Hopefully sometime in the future we can plan a big SportbikeWorld get-together somewhere with some nice curvy roads. Maybe someday. A SportbikeWorld trackday would be awesome.

We should have a descent size gathering in Sept in North Carolina.

------------------
Ride Hard!

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-25-2000, 04:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cheetos:
We should have a descent size gathering in Sept in North Carolina.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree. i like the nc part. maybe a deal's gap fall event?

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-25-2000, 08:30 PM
Pete

I just WISH that there were enough good roads in my neck o' da woods to be able to joke about having a rally here.

I like the idea of having it coincide with a major motorcycle event. Tell me, do you expect me to ride 100s of miles just so I can meet up with you people? Sturgis sounds cool, but I can read the headlines already - "Local Businesses Lose Money This Year as Cruisers Leave Sturgis Early Due to Influx of Sportbike Riders". The article starts, "Yes, as has never been seen before, a record number of sportbikes, led by a single salmon-colored Ducati, descended upon the town....."

------------------
Pete
-Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it.

[This message has been edited by Pete (edited June 26, 2000).]

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-25-2000, 08:50 PM

Pete,

What a scary thought... following a salmon colored Ducati anywhere makes my skin crawl.

------------------
Ride Hard!

John
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2000, 04:33 AM

Thumbs up

An SBW Trackday! Now there's an idea! It should be in the middle of the country though to average out travel distances. Are there any god tracks in Texas / OK / etc?

------------------
- Dan
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2000, 05:12 AM

Thumbs up

I STILL think this is a great idea! Although, I dont see too many people making it to one event in a central location becuase it would still be WAY far for alot of people. IMO, the best approach is to have a few gatherings and then we can share pics. and stories with the others. I know that sucks cuz there are alot of people I want to meet on the East coast but I would hope to get as many participants as possible.... Tiffany said we can all stay at her place in Vegas for a West coast event!

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2000, 06:27 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
actually, we could do sbw.com meetings in conjunction with other major events, like the wsb races at laguna.

fusa races at pocono.

next year's loudon ama event (if mladin and duhamel don't get it taken off schedule).

honda hoot

etc, etc, etc.

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2000, 06:33 AM

i think that a single even would be feasible.. i mean daytona & sturgis are on the edges of the country but thousands show up for those events. but im lazy so... PPIR is a good track to meet at

------------------
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2000, 06:51 AM

Meeting at major racing/cycling events should start being a given.

Starting with regional "rallies" is a good idea but communicate plans to everyone so that people can work their vacations around the most convenient ones. In time, I think that a stand-alone major SBW.com rally could probably work.

I heard a rumor that the Honda Hoot would be moving to Knoxville, TN next year. There are hundreds of great riding roads within a 1 1/2 hour radius of Knoxville including Deal's Gap, Cherohala Skyway and the road in front of my house.

Okay, that settles it... I'll see everyone next June.

------------------
Ride Hard!

John
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2000, 12:46 PM

i wasnt really suggesting we go to sturgis.. although ive alwayz wanted to go & i think a couple hundred sportbikes in a single pack would be the biggest news round those parts since snake sold his softail & bought a yugo.

i was just demonstrating that sturgis is on the edge of the country & people now come from all over the world to attend. people from all over the world attend daytona & also isle of man. so a centralized meeting of our group shouldnt be to hard (maybe not this year but next.. due to vacations already being taken, etc..) but you know the ama champion ship is decided right here in fountain colorado, hint-hint, wink-wink

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode