any small business owners???? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

any small business owners????

Just curious as to who owns and runs their own small business?
What do you do and how long have you been doing it?
Having been a computer consultant, then going back to corporate life, I'm starting to miss being my own boss... :-(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 07:29 AM

As of tomorrow, I will own 50% of a local fitness publication. Right now it's circulated throughout Rockland County, but as soon as we get the paperwork completed (tomorrow) I will begin work on expanding it to Westchester and Bergen Counties. By the end of the year we should begin another venture, which will have us expanding into other areas of publishing in the travel/tourism markets.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Go DAN!!!! :-) More power to ya!!!
I guess we can add you to the long list of successful Irish businessmen?? :-) Jimmy G

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 07:51 AM

EA Motorsports

Congrats on the new business oppurtunity Dan.

I have been working the past 3 mnths on my new company "EA Motorsports", I will be specializing in Moto Tires, Exhaust , and helmets to begin with... I am working on the procurement side of the website and hope to have it up and working by mid Fall this year!!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 08:36 AM

Thanks for the support guys!!!

bluR1dude,
How many hours have you put into the website? I'm curious because I will begin work in the next couple/few months on the website for my next business venture and it will be my first experience with web design...I'm pretty psyched to get it started!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 08:48 AM

Well to be completely honest I've spent about 3 wks solid work in it...

That's if you add up all the part time work here and there... i had only constructed one other site before this one so that's why it took a little longer than normal.. I would suggest using Frontpage and FTP... I'm not that big on Dreamweaver. Frontpage is challenging with some of the plug ins but nothing u can't learn...

I do all my videos in XP movie maker 2. Its very user friendly.. has everything u need to edit, import and customize your vids...
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bluR1dude
Well to be completely honest I've spent about 3 wks solid work in it...

That's if you add up all the part time work here and there... i had only constructed one other site before this one so that's why it took a little longer than normal.. I would suggest using Frontpage and FTP... I'm not that big on Dreamweaver. Frontpage is challenging with some of the plug ins but nothing u can't learn...

I do all my videos in XP movie maker 2. Its very user friendly.. has everything u need to edit, import and customize your vids...

I've already picked up Frontpage...everybody I spoke to told me it's the way to go. I plan to pick up another PCU and keep everything on that system dedicated to that business. It just seems easier to keep things isolated...less chance for problems.

Thanks for the video suggestion...I was very curious which way to go in case I decided to post videos!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 09:04 AM

Glad to help out!! Good luck and definitely keep me posted with the business bro...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bluR1dude
Glad to help out!! Good luck and definitely keep me posted with the business bro...
Will do...and same goes for you, post a link once the website is up and running.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Dad

Started in 1978. For me, it beats working for someone else but it's not as easy or as independant as some would think. While it has some independence it also has a lot of responsibility. There were many times I was at work when I didn't want to be because things needed to be handled. I'd have loved to just punch out and come back at it tomorrow but as the owner, that wasn't an option. While it's worked for me, there's a lot to be said for collecting a paycheck without the worries. I guess it's true, "the grass always looks greener on the other side".

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode