Bored in Sixty Seconds! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2000, 08:11 PM
Pete

Thumbs up

I happen to think that Angelina is hot, but then again, I like my women a little on the trashy side, as Jerry Jeff Walker likes to say. Props to Billy Bob, way to go bro'!

------------------
Pete
Email: [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2000, 08:18 PM

Thumbs down

Well, I just wasted eight bucks on "Gone in Sixty Seconds". Here I was, thinking it was going to be nothing but two solid hours of car chases and explosions, but what we got was about ten minutes of car chases, and the rest was a bunch of people... "ACTING". Or, at least, a bunch of "actors" reciting some ridiculous drivel that someone scribbled down on a cocktail napkin one night.

Why did they even bother inventing a PLOT for this movie? It's an action movie, for crissakes! Show me some action!

The only saving grace was a scene someone had told me about, which was what convinced me to see the flick in the first place, and it wasn't that great anyway. This chick comes riding up on a brand new MV Agusta F4 Oro. And that was it. No more bike shots.

The funny thing, this chick is supposed to be a part time auto mechanic/bartender. And she can afford a $40,000 MV. Okay. Fine. (She even states that she has to work both jobs, so she can pay the rent)

Thumbs down!!!

------------------
I'm not joking. And don't call me Shirley.

[This message has been edited by AZ Scott (edited June 21, 2000).]
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2000, 08:32 PM

Whoa, ease up guys. I didn't think the movie was that bad, what were you guys expecting... some oscar winning performance?? I was kind of saddened by the passing of the shelby though

I'm with Pete, nothin wrong with a dirty girl

------------------

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2000, 08:49 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nitro-rider:
I was kind of saddened by the passing of the shelby though
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its ok, it was just a Ford anyway

J/K Ford Guys!

Your right, Angelina would be a great girl... For the night ~just not the marryin type IMO

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2000, 12:00 AM

Cool

I saw it too. It was neat to see some of the cars but there needed to be a lot more chase scenes!
When the girl pulled up on the Agusta I thought cool but then I wondered how she could afford it? She was a car thief so way not a bike thief?

------------------
Dave
Too many curves...so little time
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2000, 01:44 AM

I agree about the acting....Pretty weak!!!!
And what's up w/ Angelina Jolie???Someone put that girl in a tub of peroxide!!!What a dirty!!....She looks like she'd leave a ring around the tub after taking a bath...Too much drinkin and druggin, I guess...Shanghai Noon was WAY better...Funny!!!!Saw em both at the drive in on Monday.....Jimmy G.

------------------
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2000, 04:43 AM

damn, i miss the drive in. i think the closest 1 is in denver now. we used to park out side the fence & listen to the movie on the radio.

i thought gone in 60 was ok.. it wasnt what i expected id i would have rather saw it in the dollar theater.. & it deffinatly should not have been hyped up like it was over the last 6 months.. but i kinda like it.

------------------
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2000, 06:24 AM

Arrow

I've heard that the older version of this movie (1974) is supposed to be much better with a 40 minute car chase...

------------------
- Dan
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2000, 06:27 AM

Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimmyjr:

And what's up w/ Angelina Jolie???Someone put that girl in a tub of peroxide!!!What a dirty!!....She looks like she'd leave a ring around the tub after taking a bath...Too much drinkin and druggin, I guess...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! I totally agree! Everyone thinks Angelina is so awesome and I think she's nasty! $5 dolla Ho!

Overall, the movie was a letdown, but it had some nice chase stuff, but when they jumped the Shelby on the brige near the end it was totally Dukes of Hazard fake!

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2000, 06:56 AM

Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Mattrazzo:
I've heard that the older version of this movie (1974) is supposed to be much better with a 40 minute car chase...

I remember that one too. A good flick in it's day. So was Vanishing Point and Bullet. But, today's production techniques make the old movies seems so archaic. It sucks when they remake an old picture and screw it up.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode