Do you think a RS50 is too small for me? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Do you think a RS50 is too small for me?

I'm going to be buying a 2000 Aprilia RS50 from my neighbor and it only has 1100 miles on it. He has put the 75 cc kit on it along with exhuast, sprocket, and a few other things. This will be my first bike and I have no experience, and it's in excellent condition.

He never drives it because he has two other cars (94 supra TT, and 98 gs400) even though this bike is not a 600cc+ it looks DAMN GOOD! And i think i'm getting a great deal on it

they cost $3,500 new, and i'm getting it for $2,000. plus it already has mods. It will be for street driving, even though since the mods it can go 80mph.

I don't think I can find a better bike, in better condition for the price. It's Black/Red

oh yea, I'm 19 .

here's a pic of the 2002 model, nothings changed just the colors.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 04:38 PM

That's a great deal, and those are FUN bikes- BUT- it's possibly the worst choice as a streetbike, especially in hilly SF. Yes, they will go that fast in 75-80cc form, but you need a pretty long stretch to do it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 05:06 PM

I agree with Tristan. What are you planning to do with the bike?
It's not much of a street bike. Are you interested in learning to shift continuosly to make any forward progress? Who are planning on riding with? You will get tired of trying to keep up with your riding buddies, even if they are on any of the smaller sportbikes such as Ninja 250s. Highway rides? Forget it. You won't even be able to pass yourself.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Actually the part of SF I live in isn't that "hilly". The main purpose of this bike would be to get me back in forth to work, no highway. I see scooters do this all the time, and this bike is better than a scooter.

It's a good fit for me i'm sure that'll get tired of it and want more power later on, but that's fine because i'm NOT experienced. Once again just city driving, also none of my friends have bikes so I would be riding by myself.

i'm sure you're saying it's not a good street bike because you guys are use to so much more power, but all I'll be doing is street riding no racing.

sure I could go get a 250 something, but in this good of shape? for this price? I THINK NOT
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 08:56 PM

Since it is mainly to get you to & from work.

I would put my money into a decent 50cc scooter & put the money (you would have wasted on a classy small m/c) aside for a proper m/c in future or something worth while.
You will find trying to sell the Aprilia 50 will be almost impossible, yet a decent 'used' scooter will be grabbed by prospective buyers.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 09:29 PM

Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by ApriliaRS50

Do you think a RS50 is too small for me?

Seems like you already had your mind made up. But I can understand that for 2 Gs there isn't much selection for bikes unless you wanna deal w/ problems from older, used bikes, which is guaranteed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode