Happy 4th Of July !!!!!!!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Talking Happy 4th Of July !!!!!!!!!!

I would like to wish you all a very good 4TH. As in this day of age with all the troubles that affect this country and ourselfs this is a wonderfull day to reflect on what a great country we live in today. I hope all of you spend the day with your loved ones and remember those who died to help make this great country what it is. I hope all of you enjoy the day off and have a wonderfull day of riding and fun. Please be carefull over the 4TH of july weekend when you are all out riding cause everyone is out and i dont want too here about any loses to our brothers/sisters on two wheels. None the less have a great day. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL IT WAS MADE TO STAND FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerly. Ron

p.s. if any one wants to send me some BBQ chicken i will be taking donations via U.P.S

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 10:14 PM

As a Veteran, I now appreciate the 4th, memorial day, and veteran's day more than ever. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-04-2002, 01:21 PM

As a Canadian neighbor allow me to wish all of you the best on this July 4th.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-04-2002, 09:35 PM

right on Smitty
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

hay knight of ni..any more developments on your bike situation yet????? just wondering if you got your duc yet...inquiring(sp?) minds wanna know

As for Canada we couldnt have asked for any better of a neighbor

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 03:14 PM

Phat,

Still trying to get a decent figure ($$) outta the insurance co. They were only offering me $6100 for it! Needless to say, I forwarded the adjuster a bunch of bikes on cycle trader.com that had as much as 4X's the mileage as mine (3200); some with damage (specifically $6K); and most were around $7300-7700. So that's been occupyin' my time.

My left hand is still in a splint, but I'm able to type and make a good fist; hopefully a few more weeks.

As far as the Duc...................

I'm stuck in the doldrums of buying a house; and my fiance will be going to school full-time....so I'll be the bread winner. I dunno, I want another bike by AT least the off-season but I'm not sure it will be a Duc. Part of me wants to hold off until the $$ is there to get a decent Duc, but the other wants to get ANYTHING! This is my hell .

Don't worry, if'n I get me one of them Ducs I'll be postin' pics ASAP.

BTW, to ADAM (emailed me about the buy back from the insurance co....he's buildin' himself a race bike).....if you're readin' I haven't actually spoke with the adjuster chic. Just playing phone tag. But I haven't forgot about ya. I'll keep you posted.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 03:46 PM

Tickets

So now that it's all over and done with, who all got tickets for popping fireworks within city limits
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2002, 12:27 AM

I didn't get one. Although, I did manage to see a bunch of people get one. We were watching the fireworks show on a hill in the bed of the truck, when we saw the fire department walking around giving out tickets.

Plus w/ my gimpy hand and a few adult beverages I probably would've blown myself up.

BTW, anyone else notice on the 4th, the news channels always have stories of people doin' stoopid sh*t w/ fireworks? One guy was trying to light a mortar; when it didn't go off, what did he do? LOOK DOWN THE LAUNCHER. Guess what happened. Blew up right in his face. Unbelievable.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2002, 12:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to ga_skyline_rydr Send a message via Yahoo to ga_skyline_rydr
Talking Much Appreciation for my Fellow Veterans

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight of Ni
As a Veteran, I now appreciate the 4th, memorial day, and veteran's day more than ever. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
I too am a veteran and could not agree more with this quote. Thank you Knight for your service to our country.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2002, 09:03 AM

Re: Tickets

Quote:
Originally posted by F3Bufford
So now that it's all over and done with, who all got tickets for popping fireworks within city limits
Not me, I was shooting under a permit. I worked with Lantis Pyrotechnics and shot my first show this year. Around 800 3 inch shells. Damn, that was fun. Motorcycles are my main Hobby, but I think I just found my second hobby. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode